Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fps stuck at 120

Options
  • 30-06-2011 5:53am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got a new computer and I have installed css on it. I play on 120hz. My fps is stuck at 120 or below no matter what I do. vsync off and it is 120, on and it' 120. If i change to 60hz and put on vsync in both nvidia control center and the game, it's still 120???

I can set fps_max to less than 120 and it will go down to that but that is the only way I can change it from 120 atm. I have reinstalled steam and css, tried another steam account, disabled steam cloud syncing etc.

However on a fresh install css always has my key settings, binds etc, even though i am not syncing? could this be it, I capped at 120 on my old computer. fps max will always show the right value, but actual fps will stay at 120. Any ideas? It's especially odd that at 60hz and vsync on the fps is still 120.

Advertisement