Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

manufacturing candy

Options
  • 30-06-2011 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I haven't a clue...basically.
    But I have a recipe for making candy and I've made it at home and given it to friends and they all thought it was spectacular (mind you they're all girls so anything sweet with dark chocolate makes them go gaga).

Anyway how would I go about making this commercially? Are loans available to set up an operation. It's easy to make....takes about 4 hours start to finish.

Should I talk to Enterprise Ireland or are they as loathe to help anyone now just like mortgage lenders?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Firstly, I would make a couple of batches, and let people you don't know taste and comment on your candy.
    Secondly, I would cost my product to see if its viable and in what market I could sell my product into.
    Thirdly, if step one and two are positive, find the right packaging, cost your time and expenses into the final cost price. Establish your selling price, and make appointments with the purchasers whose markets you identified.

And last but not least "GOOD LUCK".

Regards Oliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Go down the local marlet / artisan producer route. Forget about mass production.

Come up with a range of different flavours and sell them at farmer's markets. If reaction is good you can move to next step which would be branding the product and getting a distributor.

You will lose money very quickly if you try and do the creation, marketing and selling yourself and the product will fail. -

From your post, you are the creator of the product, and by your own adnission clueless on other aspects. Therefore join with someone who's clueless on creation and expert at selling. - Then you have a good chance of success.

Advertisement