Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmaceutical/Manufacturing Sectors Australia

Options
  • 30-06-2011 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,
    I am due to relocated to Aus in the Autumn and I am wondering which cities would have the most opportunities in the Pharma/Manufacturing Sectors. Also, how is the pharmaceutical and manufacturing sectors doing in Aus at the moment, are the many opportunities available?
    Going on a WHV and hoping to get sponsorship! Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    BT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Hi All,
    I am due to relocated to Aus in the Autumn and I am wondering which cities would have the most opportunities in the Pharma/Manufacturing Sectors. Also, how is the pharmaceutical and manufacturing sectors doing in Aus at the moment, are the many opportunities available?
    Going on a WHV and hoping to get sponsorship! Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    BT

My missus is the pharmacy area and is between jobs. When she was looking for positions a few weeks ago, there were a lot of pharm rep jobs, and some manufacturing jobs - this is in Brisbane.

Re: WHV->sponsorship, you might find that it will be hard to be honest, many places are slow to hire for fulltime positions if you're on a WHV. No harm trying all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dar_oz

Melbourne and Sydney both have good manufacturing bases, but what I found when looking for jobs it depends on how much experience you had and how relevant it is to the position your applying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brown Trout

Thanks for that guys.
    Yes, I have a degree in Environmental Health & Safety but all my experience is with large pharmaceutical companies. I was hoping to get work in the mining/construction sector as there seems to be plenty of opportunities for H&S personnel but with no real background in construction I think my chances would be pretty slim?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

I'd also like to hear of anyones experiences with finding work in the pharmaceutical sector in Oz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

All WHV work questions can go in the mega thread .. cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement