Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen of Tarts cows lane

Options
  • 30-06-2011 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Had to get milk for my 6 year old. Take away in a paper cup poured from a 2 litre - €1.

Won't be back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

What price would it have to be before you wouldn't call it a rip off. €1 seems reasonable enough got me, the cup had to be paid for, and the milk, their running a business so need to make a profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

50 or 60 cent would have covered it & still had considerable profit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

There's a shop just up from there on Lord Edward Street that sells milk in a carton. Go into a cafe/restaurant/take-away - expect to pay more than a shop.

Just because it's Cow's Lane, don't expect if for free. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

iMax wrote: »
    50 or 60 cent would have covered it & still had considerable profit

rates, electricity, rent, staff, insurance, vat (vat is chstged on dronks served in cafes) €1 to provide you with the convenience of milk in a cup is excellent value.

They could have said they didn't sell milk and then you could have gone to the local Londis and paid 90c for a pint in a container.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Sorry but I think you are unreasonable here.

It may be only a drop of milk to you, but the shop has to pay for the milk, cup, staff member, rates, electricity, rent, bank charges etc etc etc.

A cup of milk for a euro? I think that fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

RIP off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'll have to agree with the majority here. You weren't ripped off, you asked for something and paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There were obviously udder cheaper alternatives available, but when a six year needs some milk, it's extremely troublesome dragging them from place to place in an attempt to find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

ejmaztec wrote: »
    There were obviously udder cheaper alternatives available, but when a six year needs some milk, it's extremely troublesome dragging them from place to place in an attempt to find one.
    and if someone said that for just €1, I'll placate the 6 year old and make your day less troublesome, most people would jump at the opportunity.

btw

assuming there was 250ml of milk in the cup, the cost price to the establishment of the product was approx 25c (4c for cup & 21c for milk)

now lets look at the cost price of an americano coffee
    Cup - 4c
    Hot water - 5c
    Coffee beans - 10c
    Total cost 19c

Yet, if the cafe was selling a coffee for €1, it would be in bargain alerts!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

€1 does not seem excessive to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement