Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car towed :( Advice?

Options
  • 30-06-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I just popped into the office to grab a laptop on my way to the gym.

I got caught talking to someone but was no more than 15-20mins parked at the loading bay of the elysian. I believe you have 30 mins in a loading area. Says so on the sign. Technically I was loading a few things from my office so I think I was in the right.

Any ideas? Can I ague this? Should I be a Van or something in order to use a loading area?

THx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You need a goods vehicle tax disc in order to use a loading bay. They're not for people "loading in the shopping".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Stark wrote: »
    You need a goods vehicle tax disc in order to use a loading bay. They're not for people "loading in the shopping".

+1 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Thanks. I honestly didn't know that you needed one of those.

It's kind of like that Alanis Morissette Ironic song. It's my last day of working here for the last 3 years and this is probably the only time I ever risked stopping there.

Oh well c'est la vie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

That was fast. The clamping and towing crowd have informers around the place on bicycles and the like. I once saw a woman and some child walk out of a car there by Supermacs and that apartment, also a loading bay. No sooner were they out of sight and the red clamper van came up to lash on a clamp straight away. Makes my blood boil those feckers

Advertisement