Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Jonney the vast majority of your posts make no sense and are barely comprehensible.

Anywho...Kendrick on his "king of new york" line, hope the link works because I'm posting it from mobile

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=25249

No. that is just your opinion. You label my post like that because you disagree with most of my opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

https://soundcloud.com/dreamchasersrecords/meek-mill-ooh-kill-em-radio

I really hope Kendrick burns this fool!! Meeks gonna regret that one!!

Hope he gets Ja Ruled!!

Kendrick will destroy this idiot. Kendrick is the best new rapper in the last 5-10 years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kendrick will destroy this idiot. Kendrick is the best new rapper in the last 5-10 years.

Kendrick will not respond to any of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

I am fan of his, but that's rubbish. He's not even the best in his crew imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Kendrick will not respond to any of these.

I thnk your right Boom_Bap but Meek Mill just annoys me terribly so i wish Kendrick would put him down a few pegs :p

pone2012 wrote: »
    I thnk your right Boom_Bap but Meek Mill just annoys me terribly so i wish Kendrick would put him down a few pegs :p

lol yea.

Annoying fool Meek Mill is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

HighClass wrote: »
    I am fan of his, but that's rubbish. He's not even the best in his crew imo
    As someone with very little interest in rap music, why is it I've only heard of Kendrick Lamar so? Is it simply due to him being the most successful of his crew? Because one or two people I'd trust when it comes to music have said To Pimp A Butterfly is revolutionary and that he has pretty much nailed the idea of race relations in the US through the metaphors he uses in his music.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

As someone with very little interest in rap music, why is it I've only heard of Kendrick Lamar so? Is it simply due to him being the most successful of his crew? Because one or two people I'd trust when it comes to music have said To Pimp A Butterfly is revolutionary and that he has pretty much nailed the idea of race relations in the US through the metaphors he uses in his music.

the reason you've heard of him is because , at the moment , he's so far ahead of everyone else in the rap game that it's genuinely weird . TPAB was a masterpiece and his releases/verses since then have seen him move up another step . the scary thing is he only seems to be getting better which is worrying for every other rapper imo

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He is the most popular and most heard of from his crew because he has an honesty and conciousness about him and his music appeals to a wider audience. The other members of TDE are more niche:

Jay Rock - Gangster Rap
    Ab-Soul - Stoner/Gangster/Life
    Schoolboy Q - Stoner/Gangster

These aren't really mainstream types of things they rap about. There is another guy on TDE called Isaiah Rashad who is quite close to Kendrick in his style, he is set for an album soon but I don't think it will reach the acclaim of Lamar.

Also, Kendrick has some large names bhind him that endorse him on radio stations in the USA which helps break music globally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Announced as the first non-classical and non-jazz musician to win the Pulitzer prize for music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

His rhymes are tight but my god i cant stand his voice.. I have tried to like his music but i just can get around that voice. Probably the worst sounding voice Ive ever heard rap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Storm in a tea cup. Ironically all the outrage is on the net and from white people For Kendrick framing the girl.
    The video is on youtube, look it up for yourselves

Yeah seen that, being blown way out of proportion. It's hard to censor yourself when you get into the flow of regurgitating the song you've heard a billion times.

Yeah seen that, being blown way out of proportion. It's hard to censor yourself when you get into the flow of regurgitating the song you've heard a billion times.

nah mate i get what ur saying but imo its act fairly easy when u DO know the song so well and the fact its such a point of emphasis, esp at the end of many sentences. not saying she deserves the doubtless hounding shes getting at all at all but theres no way u can say that what she did wasnt flucking stupid in the extreme , considering context and everything

There's a great interview with Schoolboy Q a few years ago where he talks about one of his songs that has a section of lots of N words.
    When he's dealing with primarily white crowds, he makes sure that they say every single one of them.

My take is that yer one probably doesn't have a racist bone in her body as she didn't even think of the word or the consequence, she was just flowing with the song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

There's a great interview with Schoolboy Q a few years ago where he talks about one of his songs that has a section of lots of N words.
    When he's dealing with primarily white crowds, he makes sure that they say every single one of them.

My take is that yer one probably doesn't have a racist bone in her body as she didn't even think of the word or the consequence, she was just flowing with the song.

I'd also add that I was at a Kanye show and during all of the lights and at the line "MJ gone, our nigga dead" the music stopped, he pointed the mic to the crowd, and the 99% white crowd didn't sing the line. He wouldn't continue until we sang it back to him.

Advertisement