Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is kildysart a nice place to live does anybody know?

• 30-06-2011 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Is kildysart a nice place to live does anybody know please? Thinking of moving there. what is the village like? is there any problems with antisocial behaviour. and is the commute to Ennis to work a hard commute especially in winter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

its a nice spot if your into quite country life, but it is a fair drive from Ennis !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lukky

its a quite little village, very friendly people with strong sense of community spirit, excellent schools there, busy weekend pubs with drinking being the main pastitme after the GAA. no anti social problems except maybe a bit of drunken sillyness on a saturday night.
    the spin into ennis will take about 25 mins. the road isnt great but could be a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

It's fairly quiet, no anti-social behaviour I can think of and everyone is friendly enough. As lukky says, the very odd bit of noise on a Saturday night after one too many, but it would be one or two young lads shouting rather than anything sustained, my brother lives right on the square and hasn't ever mentioned anything.

It would have to be very bad to make the road into Ennis impassable in winter, I've driven home when the snow as at its worst the last couple of christmases and made it easy enough, as with anywhere in bad weather you just need to take it handy. 20 minutes to the cross at the old Limerick Road on a normal day.

Overall, a good place to live if you like the quiet life and it has amenities such as post office and bank that some other villages don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

It also has a secondary school, I think it's a nice village and not too small imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Barrt2 wrote: »

:eek: The link above doesn't date the event though ...

This seems to go back to Sept 2006 !!! :)

V

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

That was a terrible thing that happened, very much the exception rather than the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

it has a great playground if that helps !!

Advertisement