Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping the notifications

Options
  • 30-06-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

How do I stop the email notifications for people commenting on threads? I thought when I follwed a thread/forum I clicked the last option to not get emailed or something? Or is there some account setting were I can change it that I cant find?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

User CP -> edit options -> change the default thread subscription mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Ok Iv changed this to "No email notifications" but am still getting spammed, any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Gandalph wrote: »
    Ok Iv changed this to "No email notifications" but am still getting spammed, any ideas?

Are they for pre-existing threads?

That option will stop you subscribing to new threads, but you're still subbed on any past ones you're replied on.

You can check what threads you're subbed to from here:

http://www.boards.ie/?filter=threads

and can un-sub using the thread tools when viewing each one.

Or a better way to remove loads at once from the User CP:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Thanks for that!

So if I empty my current folder it will unsubscribe to all my thread? Does this mean they will stop showing up in "My Thread"?

Gandalph wrote: »
    Thanks for that!

So if I empty my current folder it will unsubscribe to all my thread? Does this mean they will stop showing up in "My Thread"?

Yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement