Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

George Lee back from Coventry!!

• 30-06-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

George Lee did his first report on the news since his somewhat short flirt with politics. He did a report on Morning Ireland on the release of the first stats from the last census.
    So I guess we shall get to hear him on more politically neutral reports, slowly getting him back to where he was!
    If we're lucky they will dump his Sat morning show and give it to somebody who actually can do a show, and George will get back to telling us all how a country should be run :-)
    Just like the good old days!
    All hail the return of George.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

Bloody joke. Goes off and gets the hump because he's not the party leader within 6 months. Then swans back into the arms of that kip full of overpaid has beens talking ****e.
    All the while graduates are leaving our shores because positions are the sole preserve of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

mattser wrote: »
    Bloody joke. Goes off and gets the hump because he's not the party leader within 6 months. Then swans back into the arms of that kip full of overpaid has beens talking ****e.
    All the while graduates are leaving our shores because positions are the sole preserve of the above.

Just like a lot of other areas of society he can take a career break and thats what he did. I don't respect him or what he did. But it was within his remit to do so.

Teachers etc can do it also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

It's more than a joke. It's an outrage.
    This guy has zero credibility outside the RTE canteen. He is both laughed at and reviled in equal measure by tax paying and LICENCE FEE paying public for his thick neck and thin skin.
    Because of his vanity and subsequent petulance, Mr. Lee has no business on an RTE News and Current affairs programme again. Ever.
    This looks like a big mistake by management there.
    Of course, it's no mistake by the upper echelons of the State Broadcaster. Once you're in the tent pissing out, you'll always be backed, even if you betrayed 20,000 voters.
    I'm not blaming Lee, I'm sure he thinks he's entitled (There's that word again!) to be back in News and Current Affairs - it's his bosses.
    An urgent clearout needed here, Minister Rabbite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Yea heard him on the news a few times today & on 6:01 News on RTE1 ... I'm delighted he's back. He should never have left in the first place & Lord we surely could have used him over the past months.
    The Saturday morning show format was totally unsuited to him ... he actually sounded embarrassed doing those silly quasi 'business' slots.

Welcome back George :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm a bit conflicted about this one.. I thought George Lee was very brave to basically give up his job in RTE and try for the Dáil... then I was HUGELY disappointed in him when he quit the Dáil, especially given that he was given a huge mandate by the people of South Dublin... who I think he let down. I mean he didnt even have to serve a full term, given that he was elected in a by election..

• Advertisement

Jaysus, all the stamps must be fully licked, cos he was on the RTE news as well

thereturnofgeorgelee.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Jaysus, all the stamps must be fully licked, cos he was on the RTE news as well

thereturnofgeorgelee.jpg

This is Rte's "Bobby in the shower" moment.

"Our George in politics, no that was all a dream. George never left the newsroom, move along now,nothing to see here, and don't forget to stump up yer 160 quid ye thick fcukers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Had some respect for him before he went for the Dail, but as soon as he had a hissy fit and chickened out and threw a tantrum:rolleyes:, he has zero respect from me now.I am guessing his appearance on radio and tv today is the start of his return to his former days? and push someone else to the side:mad:.Peter Matthews who I suppose is his replacement, elected for FG seems to be doing ok despite on the back benches and not up there with the senior TDs is not doing the same and just getting on with it.Even though its still early yet :P.I dont why he went into politics though.

Poly wrote: »
    This is Rte's "Bobby in the shower" moment.

haha, they must have contracted Dallas Syndrome from Michael Martin while he was in studio during the election..

I was thinking of calling Liveline tomorrow.. content of my call.. *ahem* :

"There he was Joe, I couldnt believe it Joe.. there presenting.. on me screeeeean, as bold as brass"..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

wonder when he'll get the LLS gig?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Was he actually in Coventry or is that a euphemism for someone who disappears for a while to do nothing?

Serious question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

marty1985 wrote: »
    Was he actually in Coventry or is that a euphemism for someone who disappears for a while to do nothing?

Serious question!
    A euphemism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Send_to_Coventry
    Not quite what happened to George, more like he was put out of view for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    A euphemism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Send_to_Coventry
    Not quite what happened to George, more like he was put out of view for a while.

He was away being decommissioned :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

jimmyw wrote: »
    Had some respect for him before he went for the Dail, but as soon as he had a hissy fit and chickened out and threw a tantrum:rolleyes:, he has zero respect from me now..........

Exactly. He made a complete fool of himself and is forever tainted. Whatever credibility he had before, is now gone for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Coventry 1 Republic of Ireland 0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Is Padraig O'Ceidigh going to be a regular presenter on The Business or is this a once off guest slot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

havent heard anyting to confirm that .

so my best guess is were looking at george on holiday

just like pat and co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

He is biggest can of Pizz ever. I am looking forward to George Lee in the Arctic or maybe the cop drama of Lee and Tuberty. RTE is a joke.

Seriously fugging Derek Mooney. The most boring person ever to have a show and they give him two. Pat plywood Kenny!

Most of the adds are from state company's competing with each other. If it was not true it would be funny

Advertisement