Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW free to play to Level 20?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Under the new system, players will be able to build an unlimited number of characters but they will not be able to join guilds or accumulate more than ten gold coins.

bbc.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Bah, guess means cant log on my lvl 1 bank toon with a fair amounts of goldz then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Do you change your bank toon every 14 days?

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Do you change your bank toon every 14 days?

Nah, 10 gold coins limited to it said :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Berns wrote: »
    Nah, 10 gold coins limited to it said :rolleyes:

is that not for trial accounts?

If you have a sub there would be no restriction.

• Advertisement

Aye but sub's been up for few months :p

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Hey guys, I have a question here

I just got this trial this week, and I noticed the burning crusade is free, but I was going to buy the original disc and get the free month, if i bough that would I not get the free month now? or could I just buy a time card or something like that? Im confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

When you upgrade from trial you get the Burning Crusade + a free month.

Just did it myself with my gf.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Sonics2k wrote: »
    When you upgrade from trial you get the Burning Crusade + a free month.

Just did it myself with my gf.

Thanks mate, ill pick it up tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

This is a pretty sweet deal in these recessionary times. I've made a rogue and I'm planning on building some kind of twink for WSG. I'm not sure how I'll deal with the trial limitations but should be a challenge in itself. Can't beat a bit of free WoW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    This is a pretty sweet deal in these recessionary times. I've made a rogue and I'm planning on building some kind of twink for WSG. I'm not sure how I'll deal with the trial limitations but should be a challenge in itself. Can't beat a bit of free WoW!

Not sure if you can really make a twink for, you'll always hit 20 on every character since the gold limit for trial accounts is 1 and the cost for stopping xp is 10. But yeah it is a nice deal:) only started playing before christmas, but havent played now for about 2-3 months, haven't really been bothered picking up a game time, but this is tiding me over nicely until i start back again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Not sure if you can really make a twink for, you'll always hit 20 on every character since the gold limit for trial accounts is 1 and the cost for stopping xp is 10. But yeah it is a nice deal:) only started playing before christmas, but havent played now for about 2-3 months, haven't really been bothered picking up a game time, but this is tiding me over nicely until i start back again

The limit is actually 10 gold on the trial accounts, I've found myself buying things that cost around 10g like bags and putting them in the bank in case I need money suddenly, I can vendor them. They only retain around 30% of their original value though.

I couldn't raise the 10g before I got to level 20 but if I had done more randoms a bit of fishing I probably could have got the 10g before level 19.

It is quite fun playing for free at level 20, you can twink up your character pretty well and do six dungeons, it's nice to farm rep too. I have a goblin trike on my level 20 Blood Elf. I didn't even have one on my level 85!

This is the character I'm working on at the moment, still needs to upgrade a few things but it's fun and definitely scratches the WoW itch that occasional players like myself get. the profession cap doesn't seem to work so I've levelled first aid and enchanting past 100.

I'm going for the Ambassador title now :pac:

Advertisement