Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just wanted to recommend a language exchange site.

Options
  • 30-06-2011 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

not sure if its been posted before but shared.talk.com is the best site I have found for getting people to talk to in other languages.

Its free aswell and doesnt take that long to sign up.

I would recommend looking for people that are also learning the language you are learning rather than doing a language exchange though(as in you teach them irish, they teach you french or whatever) as you would both be engaging in the chat with equal interest.

The best way is to search for people practicing the langauge you are learning, and then send out messages to a few people asking if they are interested in chatting and even given skype info etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭una_profesora

wonton wrote: »
    not sure if its been posted before but shared.talk.com is the best site I have found for getting people to talk to in other languages.

Its free aswell and doesnt take that long to sign up.

I would recommend looking for people that are also learning the language you are learning rather than doing a language exchange though(as in you teach them irish, they teach you french or whatever) as you would both be engaging in the chat with equal interest.

The best way is to search for people practicing the langauge you are learning, and then send out messages to a few people asking if they are interested in chatting and even given skype info etc.
    http://sharedtalk.com/
    Good idea, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I've done a few online language exchanges. One worked out reasonably well; we were both beginners with the other's language, so it was basic stuff. Another one was more of a group thing all learning the same language. It was good, but became kind of a communal diary for one reason or another. I tried skype with a few of them, and my god was it awkward!

Advertisement