Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye doctor(ophthalmologist) in Galway?

Options
  • 30-06-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Does anyone know any good eye doctor(ophthalmologist) in Galway?
    one of my mates visiting the city has an itch in their eye that wont go away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Lady out in Salthill is excellent,right opposite O'connors pub. Her name evades me but I think it's Kelly.
    Saw her 2 yrs ago and she helped me big time with an eye problem,I would avoid the specsavers lot as they have missed things in the past when I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

beagle001 wrote: »
    Lady out in Salthill is excellent,right opposite O'connors pub. Her name evades me but I think it's Kelly.
    Saw her 2 yrs ago and she helped me big time with an eye problem,I would avoid the specsavers lot as they have missed things in the past when I was in there.

She's an Optometrist afaik.

If you want an Opthamologist, your best bet would be to go through Accident and Emergency. If your friend has health insurance, the Galway Clinic is much easier to deal with than GUH (or whatever it's called this week) and they've a few opthamologists.

Why not try an Optometrist first and they should be able to tell you if you need to see a Doctor with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JGEP

There's a really good Optometrist in Loughrea if you're looking around that part of Galway. Very very attentive, and will know where to send you if you need further treatment! You're looking for Sinead Tully, Spectacular is the name of the shop. It's an independent, much better care than ones like Specsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

If you go to an Optometrist they will refer you to an ophthalmologist. Give you a choice in fact. The one is Salthill is good though from my experience. There are a couple of ophthalmologists in the Galway Clinic.

If you go public it could takes weeks or months for an appointment with an Opthamologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

A few are recommended in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055263946

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Your friend should try Dr. Fiona Harney she is based on the St Marys Road in the City she is an Opthamologist. I have been to her she is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thecat1984

<mod: when you use your first posts to recommend a business it is assumed that you actually working for them.
    This is not allowed. Please continue to use the forum but bear this is mind, thanks>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement