Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CityDeals dragging their heels on refund.

• 30-06-2011 4:14pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

I bought a deal of citydeals a while ago (according to them, 9 weeks; sounds about right) and it turns out I will not be able to avail of the service. I asked for a refund, but they are unwilling so far to return the amount to my current account; but have offered they credit my citydeals account with it. They say they can't return money after two weeks have passed. Is there anything I can do about this? Is this strictly legal, or do they have to return my money if I cannot use the service? Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Your not using the service sounds like a simple change of mind. Normally when you buy something, a change of mind does not entitle you to any refund. Any refund or credit given is at the discretion of the seller. As Im not familiar with Citydeals or what they offer I cant say if its the same situation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nothing wrong with the service and they honestly and legally don't have to offer you anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

normally if you book a holiday, you pay a deposit, if you cancel you lose that deposit and any other money you may have paid.
    lesson learnt, check when you will be available for a holiday before you book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What is the reason that you can't avail of the service?

If it's down to you, then there is no failure on the part of CityDeal to provide the service, and you are lucky to be even getting credit. In such a situation, they don't have to provide you with anything.

Advertisement