Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus linking Corduff with the Shopping Centre

Options
  • 30-06-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard any updates on the 17A being redirected and in turn providing a much needed link for the estates in Corduff and the Shopping centre? There was much talk of this happening from a local Councillor at the start of the year and nothing has come from it.

At the minute there’s a non-existent 236 and then there’s the Urbus, after that the 17A etc go straight up past the aqua centre and bypass Corduff. I wondering as my parents can’t walk that far and have to rely on me to drive to and from the centre.

Thanks for any information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I also heard that 17a's at certain times would eventually go through Corduff but I haven't heard anything else.

Does the 220 not go to the Centre any more?

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

The 220 did or does. We are down in Brookhaven, so the parents have to walk up to Corduff shops and hope the 220 turns up.

They have tried this once or twice and where left waiting 40 minutes for a 220 to turn up, they timed it right but you know Dublin bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

jeffk wrote: »
    The 220 did or does. We are down in Brookhaven, so the parents have to walk up to Corduff shops and hope the 220 turns up.

I'm not trying to be smart - but I would have thought that the distance from Brookhaven to Corduff shops, uphill, would be roughly the same as the distance from Brookhaven to the bus terminus at Blanchardstown shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Slightly shorter than walking to Corduff shops from Brookhaven would be to walk through Edgewood Lawn to Snugborough Road where you could get the 238 from Tyrrelstown to the centre - its hourly and appears to be reliable.

My Ma has one and a half new knees, but I do see what the points of walking to the Centre or walk out to the back gate of the hospital. I'm sure they both wish it was that easy.

The worse part is to do that, walk around the centre and then do it in reverse with bags.

The major gripe is the 238 ran for years and worked out grand till some genius diverted it to up by the aqua centre. I thought a private operator or a bus sponsered by the shops in the centre could work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

There's enough people being karted around in taxi's and all paid for by the HSE. fact.

If you are not benefiting from it, maybe you should.

I haven't used the bus service in quite some time as I drive but when i did use the bus (10 years or so ago) the 238 always stopped at the Brookhaven bus stop on route to the centre. Pity that has stopped.

I know they stupidly sent my Ma down to Limerick in a taxi for a procedure and we all hated it and thought its a joke. Its things like that that help drive this country into debt.

Its funny how they can just pull a bus from covering Corduff, but when they done it with the 38 and avoided Castleknock there was murder and Dublin bus changed their mind.

I know they stupidly sent my Ma down to Limerick in a taxi for a procedure and we all hated it and thought its a joke. Its things like that that help drive this country into debt.

Its funny how they can just pull a bus from covering Corduff, but when they done it with the 38 and avoided Castleknock there was murder and Dublin bus changed their mind.

Jeff, the Corduff vote is generally poor historically (although that maybe changing). That outcome, as well as the post office loss etc will continue because the majority don't give a ****. They take it lying down.

Remember the bus corridor on the Snugboro across from the Aquiatic centre. Without any warning or notice the workers ripped up tree's and started to bulldoze until some residents said get the f**k.

Regarding the bus service, maybe attention will increase if people start giving up their cars and that is a possibility all things considered.

I wasn’t around for it but I have heard of one bus a day etc alright. Your right it’s easier to moan among likeminded people and not say it to the powers that be.

I don’t remember that, but I do remember and still have to live with the joke of a bus lane on Blanch road north that you hardly see a bus use.

Very true, I’m sure with people finding it hard to afford petrol, parking etc would only be too glad to use a reliable efficient bus service. But this is something I don’t see CIE/Dublin bus providing

I wasn’t around for it but I have heard of one bus a day etc alright. Your right it’s easier to moan among likeminded people and not say it to the powers that be.

I don’t remember that, but I do remember and still have to live with the joke of a bus lane on Blanch road north that you hardly see a bus use.

Very true, I’m sure with people finding it hard to afford petrol, parking etc would only be too glad to use a reliable efficient bus service. But this is something I don’t see CIE/Dublin bus providing

I'll pick you up if i see you as a bus stop, are you the JeffK from Brook haven ;)

• Advertisement

I'll pick you up if i see you as a bus stop, are you the Jeffrey K from Brook haven ;)

I am, <Chuck> :pac:

I am, <Chuck> :pac:

Never heard of him :cool:

Advertisement