Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car accident/insurance question

Options
  • 30-06-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Just seeking some advice,

I was in a car acciident back in 2006 where i was liable. I was told a few months later that the driver of the other vehicle was filing a claim but heard no more about it. My insurance premium went up considerably in 2007 and gradually worked its way down over the last few years. ...

Then i got a letter in the post today saying the claim from 2006 had just been settled for €50k and another €20k in legal fees.

What will happen with my premium from my next renewal at the start of 2012? Going to ring the broker but afraid to hear the answer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

if NCB was affected in 2007, then there will be no affect at this renewal. You got the letter as the insurer is obliged to let you know of the total payment.

Advertisement