Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest SMS bundle option.

Options
  • 30-06-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

In a bit of a bind here. I have 170 worth of credit. I send on average a 1000 texts a month. I'm on no specific o2 price plan.

Their best text bundle is 800 texts for 40 quid. Obviously the 20 a month deal is the beat but can't avail of that.

Are there any other options that are available to me?

Barry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Buy a data addon and use webtexts?

o2 give you 250 free, vodafone give you 600 free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Yep, am going to get a data addon but i'd go through 250 in a week or so. Well, maybe not now but certainly when college starts up again.

Think the only option is to buy that 800 bundle... such a waste though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What networks are you texting?

Do you use any calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

You need a "golden sim" badly ;)

See if the O2 reps can help you out.

mtb_kng wrote: »
    You need a "golden sim" badly ;)

See if the O2 reps can help you out.

Golden sims still have 10c texts to other networks.

I dont really call, just text a lot to all networks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

I've recently moved to Three pre-pay.

Top up by 20 euro and you get 30 euro credit (32 if you do it online).

Texts to any Irish network are free (3,000 per month according to my online account). Calls to any network are free at weekends and 29 cent during the week.

So for 20 euro per month, you get free texts, free weekend calls and 110 weekday minutes.

Order a free sim and check coverage where you live and work - that's what I'm doing before committing to a 24 month iPhone 5 contract :D

Another big plus for me (being from Donegal and working in Derry) is the fact that roaming is free).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

why can you not avail of €20 a month top up offer with the free texts? changing price plans on the same network won't make you lose all that credit.

shineon23 wrote: »
    why can you not avail of €20 a month top up offer with the free texts? changing price plans on the same network won't make you lose all that credit.

Because I have to top up by 20 but I have like 160 euro credit already.

Advertisement