Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Student Number?

• 30-06-2011 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi guys, today I was applying for a plc portfolio course, and came across something that asked me to fill in my "Personal Student Number or PSSN/RSI".

Would that be my LC number (the one you write in every exam)? Cuz that's all I have... I lost my damn sheet with all the other info. Also happened to lose my journal. Something's seriously wrong with me ffs :mad:

Any help would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your PPS number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Oh I see... thank you for the answer. Although I don't see why they'd ever need my PPSN... eh whatever suits them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh I see... thank you for the answer. Although I don't see why they'd ever need my PPSN... eh whatever suits them.

They have to send them into the Department I think.
    I know we collect them in our school too, though I'm not involved in whatever happens them afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's just for tracking purposes / DES doing up stats / stuff like that.

More and more we will become "just a number" I'm afraid. While I can see the usefulness in one way, in another way it kind of irritates me.

Yours numerically,

564-X-2374N

Advertisement