Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple Piercing

Options
  • 30-06-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I've seen many threads on this subject but none seemed to answer the one question i need answering; Is it sore?

I have both my lobes pierced and have a VCH piercing. Never had any trouble with either, and found the VCH to be grand, no pain, relatively quick healing too. However, when it comes to getting my nipple pierced I'm terrified it will hurt, I've read it takes some time to heal and if pierced wrong it can be horrid. Guess that can happen with every piercing though!?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on the whole nipple piercing experience? Am i silly to let the fear of pain stop me from getting it done?

Thanks
    RR
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I've seen many threads on this subject but none seemed to answer the one question i need answering; Is it sore?

I have both my lobes pierced and have a VCH piercing. Never had any trouble with either, and found the VCH to be grand, no pain, relatively quick healing too. However, when it comes to getting my nipple pierced I'm terrified it will hurt, I've read it takes some time to heal and if pierced wrong it can be horrid. Guess that can happen with every piercing though!?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on the whole nipple piercing experience? Am i silly to let the fear of pain stop me from getting it done?

Thanks
    RR
    yes it's excruciating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

yes its very sore, then again mine was pierced wrong. But its supposed to hurt males more than females because our nipples are smaller and they have to pierce deeper. I got mine done at the end of last summer and it isnt healed fully yet but after I got it done there was no pain or anything like that during healing so its good that way. but it was the sorest for me i have my tragus pierced, ears stretched to 8mm, my lip pierced and two micro dermals in my neck and it was the sorest I think but I honestly think it looks class and worth the pain and if I were you I wouldnt let the pain turn me off doing it and the healing is easy even though it takes a while. best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I've had both mine done on 2 seperate occasions, was a slight pinch thats about it. Quite tender for a while after but not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

YES. It was a bitch of a piercing to get done! They said it would be even worse for women so any bitches out there thinking of getting it done, you're more a man than I am! :P :P :P

Very quick to heal though, took about two weeks and mine was perfect. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I know a few people with it done, including myself and it's a mixed thing. Some were in pieces after it and others were fine. If you're getting them both done, do it the same day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Penguin xd

omg it sounds unbelievably painful!! why get it done? what if it gets ripped out??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Penguin xd wrote: »
    omg it sounds unbelievably painful!! why get it done? what if it gets ripped out??

For aesthetic or other reasons! Why get anything pierced? Personally nipples are the one thing I'd never get done but different srokes for different folks. If it get ripped out it gets ripped out, and I'd imagine it's very painful. Then again any other piercing could get ripped out /horror story!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RightlyRandom

Ok so.. i decided to just go for it today. It was definitely sore :O just not as bad as i had expected. Really happy i got it done now. Thanks for your replies guys. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ok so.. i decided to just go for it today. It was definitely sore :O just not as bad as i had expected. Really happy i got it done now. Thanks for your replies guys. :D
    ok now that the silly question is gone I'll reply honestly, nah it's grand, only hurts about the 3rd time onwards.

as for the person who asked about them getting ripped out, it's not as bad as you think

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

Thanks
    RR
    I got both my nipples done (at the same time) it was extremely painful & it takes a year for them to heal properly. I am glad I got them done though, I think it was worth it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I got it done about ten years ago and it is like getting a punch in the kidneys from mike tyson kind of pain :D but its over pretty quick and not a wince out of it after the initial "bang!" bahaha...

female here too so I don't know if the electric bolt to the stomach thing is limited to my experience, but the girl who performed piercing said it was usually more painful for men and that some of the male clients she had pierced had fainted during the process so ..I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Kanoe wrote: »
    I got it done about ten years ago and it is like getting a punch in the kidneys from mike tyson kind of pain :D but its over pretty quick and not a wince out of it after the initial "bang!" bahaha...

female here too so I don't know if the electric bolt to the stomach thing is limited to my experience, but the girl who performed piercing said it was usually more painful for men and that some of the male clients she had pierced had fainted during the process so ..I dunno.

Some how my friend managed to walk with a limp for 2 hours after getting it done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I got mine done while hungover which was definitely a bad idea, it was incredibly painful. They were so sore and tender for a few days afterwards too. They healed pretty quickly though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Not that bad. Bellybutton was worse IMO because your trousers tend to rub on it. Just put bandages over it for the first week or so to prevent chafing but make sure to change them and let the air get at it.

Advertisement