Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you check your receipts...

• 30-06-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Not for the first time , today when i got home from Tesco in Bray..just checking through the receipt and i noticed "Pepsi...€7.49"...:eek:...for a 6 pack on special for €1.49......:confused:.....now i'll have to go up there again later.....:mad:...as i said its not the first time this has happened..but never by this amount...makes me wonder how many people will have been caught before i bring it to their attention...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I always check my receipts and have found that I am being overcharged
    on average 1 out of every 3 weekly shopping purchases.
    Every little helps when they price the specials right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

For what it's worth, we have never found an error on any Tesco, Superquinn, or Dunnes weekly grocery bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Rebel021 wrote: »
    I always check my receipts and have found that I am being overcharged
    on average 1 out of every 3 weekly shopping purchases.
    Every little helps when they price the specials right.

I would agree. Routinely I find specials are miss priced while on display or at point of sale. SO I check as much as I can but have missed some things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

l always check it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,600 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was caught in Tesco last week. Charged 3.99 each for 2 items of stationary when only one was 3.99 and the other 1.99. They make a habit of this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I would agree. Routinely I find specials are miss priced while on display or at point of sale. SO I check as much as I can but have missed some things.

Normally check my receipt but double check if I've bought anything on special offer, the prices are so often wrong in Super Value that for special offers I always check as they go through the till aswell. I'm so well know for checking and reporting prices, some of the staff look at me when they put through anything on special offer and say "is that correct" :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sids Not wrote: »
    Not for the first time , today when i got home from Tesco in Bray..just checking through the receipt and i noticed "Pepsi...€7.49"...:eek:...for a 6 pack on special for €1.49......:confused:.....now i'll have to go up there again later.....:mad:...as i said its not the first time this has happened..but never by this amount...makes me wonder how many people will have been caught before i bring it to their attention...:rolleyes:

Major problem with that last weekend, the barcode on the cans inside are scanning at €7.49.

On the up side you've been overcharged by €6, so bring in your receipt and get your €12 back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

supervalu are the worst at overcharging on special offers. Worse is when you tell them and then 3 days later the same overcharging occurs, incompetent staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Major problem with that last weekend, the barcode on the cans inside are scanning at €7.49.

On the up side you've been overcharged by €6, so bring in your receipt and get your €12 back.

Not true...it seems that if Tesco overcharge you NOW all you get back is the amount they've overcharged....happened twice lately ...:(

The woman who sorted out this latest problem was so un-interested that it made me think that they do it deliberately....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Purchase, walk away from counter, take out receitp and check it.

I've made this a regular routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I always check my receipts especially the specials I would say 1 in 4 nit marked right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's a regular enough occurence, even in small local shops.

However, this isn't a specific consumer issue, and it has also been done to death here in the past, so I'm closing the thread.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement