Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Soil(2/3Bags)

Options
  • 30-06-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I need 2/3 Bags of good top soil as i dropped fertilizer on part of my front lawn and had to dig out obout 15 ft.sq and now need some top soil to raise same and replant,i am in the wilton area of the city and would collect the soil if available.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

If you only need that small amount, play it safe and buy it at a garden centre. It will be quite cheap for such a small amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dermotp

redser7, thanks for your reply,do all garden centres in cork sell top soil?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Dublin city bring centers that take garden waste give out free soil as its broken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Well I can't garauntee it but it would be a fairly safe bet. They would be stacked with the bags of compost/bags of manure. Usually come in in 30 Litre bags and cost about 5 or 6 euro. It should be sterile and screened and safe to add to your garden. Whereas if you take someone elses soil there is always a bit of a risk there could be some disease or pests in it. Woddies and B&Q also stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dermotp

redser7, thanks again for your reply i will check out woodie,s and b&q.

• Advertisement
Advertisement