Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free to air with sky box

• 30-06-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Can i ask you guys two questions.
    1. My mother has one of the first Sky + boxes but she doesn't use it anymore but she still has the signal coming to the box. Can she use this for FTA television.
    2. I have a new Sky + box and the basic box in another room. Can i use these for free to air if i got rid of my Sky contract or would i need to do something else.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

1 yes
    2, yes. (you wont be able to record or pause the programs though) (and no rte)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭loadz

What do you have to do to get the sky box working as a FTA system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

loadz wrote: »
    What do you have to do to get the sky box working as a FTA system.

Power the sky box off at the mains, remove the sky card and power the box back up. Channels like Sky One will still be on the program guide but if you try to view them an error message appears, the FTA channels will display fine.

The sky card was taken out already. Someone in my mothers said that it worked for a while and then it just stopped. Any reasons for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

no.

(unless there is a problem with the box,lnb,dish, etc..)

just reboot the box. (disconnect from mains for 10 seconds or so)

• Advertisement

Thanks will try that when i am up there again.

Advertisement