Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Arts Festival 11 - 24 July 2011 - GigGigGigGalway

Options
  • 30-06-2011 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

I did a quick search and couldn't find a thread so thought I'd start one.
    Class line up this year:

Blondie, De La Soul and the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble,
    Bell X1 with Duke Special & Liam Finn, AfroCubism feat. Eliades Ochoa & Toumani Diabate.

Other things include Cillian Murphy in Misterman, and there's something for Roddy Doyle and Colm Tóibín fans.

Anyone else looking forward to it, there's usually a great buzz around at the Róisín for the gigs.

I'm wondering should I see Bell x1 or Blondie? Afrocubism has great musicians though, and De La Soul's one of my fave groups. Regret not going to Rakim so might go along to De La.

What are you guys going to see? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

What date does it start on??

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

I've heard great things about Hypnotic Brass Ensemble so I'm definately going to them, Overall its a fairly decent line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Got tickets for Bell X1 and Duke Special, seen both a few times and they're both brilliant live acts. Going on holiday for the rest of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    What date does it start on??
    Good question, I've added dates in title.
    Official site with info www.galwayartsfestival.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

biko wrote: »
    Good question, I've added dates in title.
    Official site with info www.galwayartsfestival.com

Glad you didnt take away the reference to that annoying ad;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Any one know any promo codes for tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

Went to 'Misterman' on Friday night and it blew me away. The script, performance, set, music, venue were outstanding and this is coming from someone who isn't a fan as such of theatre. I heard Cillian Murphy & Enda Walsh being interviewed on the radio and went along on the strength of that. I'd highly recommend that people check it out!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What's the best freebie this year?

If you are a current NUIG student, you can get 20% off at the box office (Tourist Office) for any show.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

snubbleste wrote: »
    What's the best freebie this year?

If you are a current NUIG student, you can get 20% off at the box office (Tourist Office) for any show.

Thats not a freebie :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I want to know what the best freebie is..aaargh

The second part is a nugget of data for Blendage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

snubbleste wrote: »
    I want to know what the best freebie is..aaargh

The second part is a nugget of data for Blendage

The exhibitions in the Festival Gallery in the shopping centre are free, some great work there. Also the Charles Lamb exhibition in City Museum.

The French acrobats Les Philebulistes perform free in Eyre Square tomorrow, July 13 & Thu. 14th at 2pm & 6pm.

The Macnas Parade is at 8.45pm on Sun. 17th.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

vrobot wrote: »
    Went to 'Misterman' on Friday night and it blew me away. The script, performance, set, music, venue were outstanding

I traveled down to Galway on Sunday (from Dublin) just to see Misterman.
    I've been a fan of Cillian Murphys work for some time but I had no idea just how talented the guy actually was until I say the range he achieved in this one man show.
    I was mesmerised, blew me away.
    A must see!

Advertisement