Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300euros for TCI course!!??!! 'Social Care'.

Options
  • 30-06-2011 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

CPL a healthcare recruitment agency want me to pay 300 euros for a TCI (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention) course before they can find me work yet they cannot guarantee work!
    I am a Social Care Worker out of work and think I have to find the funds for this course (which justs last 1 year, normally it is 6mos) in order to get work.
    Fas will not fund course as it is not an accredited course!

Anyone know of anyone else providing this course for cheaper? As having no luck on internet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Jaysus I'd cut their throat. I'd say they're just signing up people hoping they'll do that course

Chancers I'd say. Draining the last few cents from unemployed people, hardly ethical business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Needler wrote: »
    Jaysus I'd cut their throat. I'd say they're just signing up people hoping they'll do that course

Chancers I'd say. Draining the last few cents from unemployed people, hardly ethical business

A bit dramatic there bud, how sure are you that CPL are running the course themselves and are making a profit from the running of the course. Maybe they want to have their candidates have all the certs their clients need, in order of course to make money from the candidate's placement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Starville

I am really in two minds whether to do or not;
    - either pay 300 to do course with hope of finding work
    or
    - don't pay and remain unemployed.

It's just strange as it is normally your employer that provides this training when you gain employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

hard to accept that the crooks in Fás can still make decisions on courses and their credibility, bunch of thieving crooked cowboys they are, and I won't apologise for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I am a Social Care Worker too and as far as I know that is just what it costs all across the board for this course. In fairness it will be invaluable experience and look amazing on your CV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

I'd go for it if I was you , and if you're unemployed contact your CWO or local job centre to see if they can help in anyway with some bit of funding.

Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yaylward

Hi Starville,

Just to let you know that TTM charged me for manual handling course (ok only €75) but I am also signed up with CPL who has also said that they will charge me of TCI course.

Heading into my final year of a Ba(hons) in Applied Social Studies at the WIT. After 2 years of volunteering, most of it in the US with women coming out of prison , I decided to leave my Central bank job for a totally new direction - social care. I have a MBS from Smurfit and PG in stats from TCD.

I suppose I have been always on the periphery of it given that I came from a 'fostering' family and have always volunteered in various organisations.

I've just been on activelink and there seems to be a good few jobs - from Focus, Respond and Crosscare - seriously is the job situation that bad ?

Advertisement