Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA & FEES: 2 Courses

Options
  • 30-06-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I've been accepted for a course this year but its only a provisional offer as i am awaiting 2 leaving cert results in august. I am 28. I am not sure if i achieved my requirements in the leaving cert so i will need a back up plan which i already have an idea of (another course). Does the BTEA allowance and the Free Fee's form's give me an option of putting down 2 courses, or do i only get the chance to select one course (my first) choice and then end up with nothing in September? The BTEA and the Free Fees are the only way i can afford to go to college.

Can anyone help me out??

Tanx
    Maria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mariok

Can anyone please help me out on this, there doesn't seem to be any information online for me and its stressing me out!!
    Tanx
    Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm not 100% sure but I can't see why they wouldn't let you change the course you want the grant to be put towards.

If you ring up the Citizens Advice Bureau they maybe able to help or sit tight and some helpful poster should be along shortly to answer your question. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

They don't finally process the BTEA until you've started your course, so that shouldn't be a problem, I went from a foundation course to a proper one the next year and I only had to say which course I was doing when I reapplied for the BTEA in September after starting the course. As for the fees side, you don't have to have your application in until August 31st, so you can wait until you know for sure which course you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

with respect to free fees. most lc students put in their applications before the lc results come out (best to get it in earlier than later) they just put down what they are planning/hoping to do. you can always contact them if something changes. the lc students contact them after the cao offers in august to show that they have gotten an offer so i assume it would be the same with you.

as to the btea i think it is much the same. you apply with respect to you going to college, but they won't complete the process until you produce evidence of a course. so you can apply now with a view to giving them confirmation of a course when you get offered it.

hope this helps and good luck with the lc results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mariok

tanks a lot guys that puts my mind at ease!

• Advertisement
Advertisement