Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll be getting an acceptance....I think

Options
  • 30-06-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi all-
    Just wondering if anyone's gotten a similar letter from UCD.
    It arrived today and shows the status of my application as 'offer graduate entry place (subject to CAO procedure) and then says that the official offer will come through the CAO.
    Now, at the risk of sounding like a moron...does this mean I'm definitely getting an offer? I want to jump around and celebrate, but not if it's too early for that.
    Any input/similar experiences appreciated!!! Am going a bit crazy here hoping it's true :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

It sounds like you have a place.
    I got a similar letter last year saying current application status:
    "recommended for offer based on mature years".
    I was worried because letters from other colleges were a lot clearer with "congratulations, your application has been successful".
    The CAO part refers to your order of preference. So if you have another course higher in your order of preference and you get it you'll be offered that course not the UCD one. But if the UCD course is your 1st preference that's the offer you'll receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well done! Yes, its an offer. UCD just like screwing with your head. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Hooray, thanks guys!! Time to crack open that bottle of champers and tell the family. :D So excited, really didn't think I'd get in!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i know. those letters are so confusing. i got a similar one from a different college bout two months ago. i couldn't understand quite what they were telling me, and didn't want to make wrong assumption so i rang them and they confirmed yes they will be telling the CAO to offer me a place :D was so chuffed. then got a second one :D:D

now waiting to see which college from the top of my list down i get from the CAO. nervous is not the word.

congrats on getting into UCD. what you gonna be studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Grad vet medicine- I don't hold a science degree so it's for 5 years instead of 4 but I don't care, just thrilled to be in there, even if I will be the old one in a class of 18 year olds. :)
    Now to get the bank to give me some (ok, lots) of money..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement