Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play in Argillian

Options
  • 30-06-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the play thats on in Ardgillian Castle Ground tomorrow night, how much is it to go, and what time??Thanks,Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Its ok, I found the right web site, got the number and its €10 for adults , students are €5 , its on at 7.30.
    Cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

cathy01 wrote: »
    Its ok, I found the right web site, got the number and its €10 for adults , students are €5 , its on at 7.30.
    Cathy

Do tell! Some of us non cultured might be interested:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

It shakespear in the park.I cant remember the name of the play.My son whos 18 and a total NERD, would love to go.Yep, he reads these books,I think I would rather go to see the dentist.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

The Taming of the Shrew, quite a fun filled weekend, Shakespeare in Ardgillen, Skerries Road Races, Bellewstown Racing Festival starting tomorrow night.

Fingal Indo
    THEATRE is returning to the open air at Ardgillan Castle this summer as one of Shakespeare's most popular plays takes to the stage in July.

Fingal County Council in association with noted theatre group, Chapterhouse, will present a performance of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew at Ardgillan Castle on Friday, July 1st which will be followed one week later by a performance of Cranford at Newbridge House.

Following on from last year's acclaimed and successful tour, Chapterhouse Theatre Company is delighted to be performing openair theatre in Fingal's finest parks again.

A heady mix of exhilarating performances set against beautiful backgrounds promises to be a great evening out to all who attend the special performance.

A spokesperson for the Chapterhouse Theatre Company said: 'Everyone is once again invited to enjoy an evening of fine entertainment with family and friends, to picnic in the most beautiful of garden surroundings and to join this unique company of travelling players as they bring to life the romance and magic of these exhilarating and well-loved tales.

'In a season of magical, mysterious and romantic characters Chapterhouse is performing some of the best-loved stories of literature.'

Rory O'Byrne, Arts Officer with Fingal County Council, is extending the invitation to these special events, and encourages anyone attending to 'arrive early with friends and family to picnic in these splendid surroundings and enjoy a special evening of theatre under the stars'. The Taming of the Shrew at Ardgillan Castle takes to the stage at 7.30pm on Friday, July 1st with tickets available from Ardgillan Castle, Balbriggan Library and Skerries Library. Cranford will be performed at Newbridge House in Donabate on Friday, July 8th, also at 7.30pm and tickets for that performance can be obtained from Newbridge House or Malahide Library.

Advertisement