Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports in Trinity

Options
  • 30-06-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

HI,

I will be hoping to attend Trinity College Dublin next year however i'm a huge sports person and I have heard that sports in trinity is very bad well especially the sports I play. For this reason because the course I want to do is very similar in UCD so I am almost considering swapping to UCD

I was wondering does anyone know how good the boys Tennis and Basketball teams are in Trinity??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

HI,

I will be hoping to attend Trinity College Dublin next year however i'm a huge sports person and I have heard that sports in trinity is very bad well especially the sports I play. For this reason because the course I want to do is very similar in UCD so I am almost considering swapping to UCD

I was wondering does anyone know how good the boys Tennis and Basketball teams are in Trinity??

http://www.ducac.tcdlife.ie/clubs/

Thats all the clubs... as far as i know, the tennis did very well last year

ps. in bold.... not true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

Sports in Trinity is fairly savage, I'm not sure about the basketball team but I know the tennis team do very well. Trinity has three tennis courts on campus and they are there practicing all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheNuttyBrowny

Cool thanks guys! great to hear the tennis team are good! kinda worried bout the basketball team tho! never heard of a team from trinity unlike the teams from UCD and DCU which are pretty much famous in basketball in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

What are gaelic football and golf like?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

bm1993 wrote: »
    What are gaelic football and golf like?

Gaelic Football: The seniors play in the Trench Cup, which is like the second division of college football, the first bein Siggurson. For the last few years they've been close to winning it.
    There's a good number of county players on the team,
    eg,
    Sean Murray (Dublin, full back for most of the league)
    Thomas Corrigan (Fermanagh, forward)
    Kieran Nolan (Carlow, wing-back)
    Mark O'Sullivan (Meath, was a fresher this year, wing-back)
    http://www.gaa.tcdlife.ie/?q=node/101

Golf: Dunno anything about golf in the college to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

Junior D wrote: »
    Gaelic Football: The seniors play in the Trench Cup, which is like the second division of college football, the first bein Siggurson. For the last few years they've been close to winning it.

There have also been a decent number of GAA all star nominees the last few years, at least three that I know of.

Advertisement