Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping records of Incoming products

Options
  • 30-06-2011 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

I need to make some kind of process where we can record all of our stock and mark items that have been sent to our users.

Lets say we make an order for a user for a new desktop + accesseries. We receive a PO and there is a lead time of 3-4 weeks before we receive the product.

To satisfy the user,we always have some spare units. So what happens is that we make an order, give out one of our spare units and we replenish our stock with their order that was made 3 or 4 weeks ago.

The problem is that we receive so many units a week that now we are missing stock,probably because we never received it, however we cant go back to the supplier because we dont have any proper process or records to identify what is missing.

Sorry if it doesnt make any sense but do any of ye have any ideas to create a process where we can mark what we have received,deployed to the user,replenish our stockpile using users orders where we already gave them a product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

As a cheap option would a stamp (with easily changable numbers) be any use?

I order product off you, you assign it number 1234 for example, you then assign me one from your spares and you stamp my invoice delivery docket or whatever with this specific number to show you that the product has been delivered to me etc Basically everything in my file has my name and this number on it.

When the product does arrive from the suppliers you can attribute to me by my name and specific recorded number (and stamp the box it arrived in), so say you do a month end stock take, and your missing 3 units, you can prove which orders they refer too as you will be able to print out your sales log and tick off each order as dispatched as a spare - and that the ordered unit arrived and put back into spares.

You'll have outstanding unfulfilled numbers that you can fire back at your suppliers in case of any doubt.

Might not be a suitable system (and its hard to explain in text) but its the bones of an idea I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Chrome.ie

We use Microsoft RMS http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/products/rms-overview.aspx to track all our sales, stock, re-ordering, quotations, invoicing & web orders all within the one system.

It can easily be setup to suit your business. We are also based in Cork and I would be happy to show our system to you.
    Might give you more of an idea of what you need.

Advertisement