Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your friends annoying FB status's in this thread.

• 30-06-2011 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭

Okay, I've stumbled upon an old friend of mine of Facebook, when deciding on whether or not to add her I had a quick look at her wall:

I shall start this with an excerpt from the month of May, in B flat #.
    Live every day as if it's your last!

was such an emotional day

has to finish this stupid electronic music composition! sooo annoying!

finally have finished my last assignment of the year! yeaaayy!

can't wait until this performance exam is over tomorrow!

have a whole week off bt sooo much study to do!

can't wait till tuesday! when these exams are over!!

Yeaayy! Am finaly finishd exams! Free for the whole summer!

Omg i'm sooo bored! what am i goina do for the rest of the summer!

am headin to sunny Spain!

Spain is amazing! having a fab time in the sun! such nice weather!!

Passed all my exams! am sooo happy!!

omg! can't believe that i'm back to this horrible weather! this time yesterday i was in 30degs sunshine! sooo depressin!

Yeaaay! got into performance for next year! am soooo happy!!

omg i'm goina be workin for the next month pretty much with no break! is goina be a lot of hard work!

That's it day after day, not one other bit of glory in between, just "im happy" then "im sad"

I think she's bi-polar, so she will remain not added.

:pac:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't have friends facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

Facebook is designed for gobsh1tes like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

This pissed me off to such an extent that I posted it in R&R yesterday:
    Any1 know any good songs?

So much wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

don't have any annoying statuses (is there actually a plural form of status?) to report, I don't add morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

OP I think you need to stay off facebook if this kind of stuff annoys you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Usually the ones about filling out Facebook petitions to convince a dictator in an African country from doing something naughty.

Or the ones about boycotting China products. I usually ask them to tell me where their computer components, on which they used to post that status, was made in. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

When an old woman goes to some man in the shop ' woah your looking dapper '
    7 hours ago via Text message

Love how my mom and dad literally sent out a search party to look for me last night at 11 when i was fast asleep from 8.45!
    11 hours ago via Text message

The little cute old lady just gave me a sweetie on the bus! I actually want to adopt her!
    Yesterday at 18:17 via Text message ·

Going to work experience looking like a fat greasy haired butch lesbian!

Fake tan you make me look like i've got a severe skin syndrome:( cheers.

This girls posts at least 5 statuses a day, I've left out the racist ones. Half of them are lies too. 'My dad got chased around the club by a tranny last night!' really?
    or my favourite (paraphrased but near enough): 'OMG just came back from the toilet and already got 10 texts!'

OMG... No one gives a shit about you pretending to be popular

God people annoy me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The whole point of Facebook is to keep all of that shite in one place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Boycott Isreal

Typed on a computer using Intel chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I usually dislike when people join all those cringe inducing pages/groups - had to block one girl from college on my news feed because she "likes" 50 different pages a day it seemed!

"if you truly like someone LIKE this page"

"breaking down in tears just cause I can"

and all nonsense about loving her boyfriend...God so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

When people post lyrics to songs constantly. Once or twice is grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

Was this exact thread not done a couple of months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

phasers wrote: »
    don't have any annoying statuses (is there actually a plural form of status?) to report, I don't add morons.

statusi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

ATCHOO !!! .......٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶....... If you're allergic to bull****, drama queens, mind games, liars and 2-faced people, keep this sneeze going ... I can't wait to see who'll re-post this.........

mother****ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

gilmour wrote: »
    mother****ers

u ok hun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Just saw this peach:
    This year July has 5 fridays 5 saturdays and 5 sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So copy this to your status and money will arrive within 4 days. Based on Chinese philosophy of Feng Shui

Why do I use Facebook? I genuinely don't know anymore. Why am I friends with these people in the first place? An equally valid question, the answer for which I do not possess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

This is from a former friend on Facebook, If I remember rightly this is the one that broke the camels back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

'Captain Darling is an utter cunt'

Fcuking hell, that annoyed the sh1t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

just posted two minutes ago...

Find the small letter i..

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Find the letter M. this is not hard.
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Find what is wr0ng.

ABCDEFGHIJKLNMOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

after the c0untdown make a wish.

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.

now wish.

copy and paste and put as your status and your wish will come true if not your wish will be ethe oppistite xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

h8 wen ur free txts r gne...
    9 hours ago · Like ·
    9 people like this.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

:D

Sometimes these things have to be said... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

mikemac wrote: »
    Boycott Isreal

Typed on a computer using Intel chips

You do know that its only a smallish percentage of their chips are made over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I hate the statuses(?) that people do portraying themselves as the mature one in argument that they are now telling the world they are having, with an unnamed person, all while being as subtle as a fúcking brick.

It usually goes along the lines of this:

"Hate when some people think they know everything about you and can go spread ****. Some people need to grow up like. FFS"

Only every single word is text speak. God I hate text speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

"Ugh, some people!!!!!"

"what's wrong bbs :) ?"

"Ugh, don't wanna say on here!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I have one on there, posts something controversial, usually prompting a discussion, and then deletes it the following day. Why, like?

Another couple are drama llamas, "You just ruined my night, you know who you are." followed by another group of harridans vindicating them by offering them sympathy instead of a cup of shut the fcuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Hate ones that start with "Today is blah, blah, day......post this as your status". No offense wimmins but its usually your lot that do this shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

This is the sort of annoying rubbish that Dave O'Connor from iRadio is constantly posting on Facebook:
    I'm having one of them 'want to achieve more' conversations with myself. I am a dreamer after all :) - not sure which is crazier, the expectation I put on myself or that fact that I'm talking to myself about it!

What a glorious evening - time for a run me thinks!!

One of the most beautiful things about life is waking up & not knowing what surprise may be coming your way. Dream big work hard and believe!

So what ya think of the idea of me on tele? What type of show could I do? I await your hilarious answers such as News For The Deaf!

Have you ever wanted a certain type of food so bad? I have been dying for Papa Johns Garlic Bread with Cheese for the last 24 hrs and I haven't given in :)

I kept phone off all the way to Donegal and back while driving. It's too tempting to check texts when it's on. I'm gonna turn it off before driving off from now on.

Describe your weekend in 3 words... Mines Party,Family,Driving

I hate getting outta bed :( it's one of life's cruelties - Happy Monday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

joe stodge wrote: »
    just posted two minutes ago...

Find the small letter i..

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Find the letter M. this is not hard.
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Find what is wr0ng.

ABCDEFGHIJKLNMOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

after the c0untdown make a wish.

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.

now wish.

copy and paste and put as your status and your wish will come true if not your wish will be ethe oppistite xxxx

Wish for something sh*t, don't post it, sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

gilmour wrote: »
    ATCHOO !!! .......٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶....... If you're allergic to bull****, drama queens, mind games, liars and 2-faced people, keep this sneeze going ... I can't wait to see who'll re-post this.........
    mother****ers

but the only people that post that are those things..

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭That Handsome Devil

"OMG no worst day ever i feel so horrible!!!!"
    "What happened?"
    "I dont wanna talk about it!"

attention-seeking fcukers :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Basically any of my friends who post "FML" when they're having a bad day.:mad:

Knex. wrote: »
    Only every single word is txt speak. God I H8 txt speak.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Hold your breath. This girl is out of order. This will be he worst you ever see and there is way more.
    ever look at a moment in ur life n think wot the ****s hapend ther y have i done that? aprently B gets that feelin wen she looks at me, anyway i never regret anyfink i do in my life i just c it as a lesson learnt and i cnt think of any situation were i think **** i wish i cud take that back UNTIL TODAY - tie dying every white item of clothin i hav jus b4 i go away for the summer is THE single bigest regret of my life

my nana's just proteneded to have a heartattack coz "its funny ****tin u up, coz ino i mean the world to ya, HA u shuda seen ur face" i litraly dont no weather to slap her or kiss her defo hope to god if i make it to her age im as weird as her n make my grandchildren cry just for the giggles

4th time lucky i actuly got 2c alan in action, cudnt help thinkin tho-drunken tatoo CHECK, bein abused by relgious folk CHECK, stealin sum1s pet CHECK, male friend havin a very much male on male sexual exsperince CHECK, firearms CHECK, stripclub CHECK, losin ppl CHECK, stealin a car CHECK endin up in a difrent city than we started CHECK police CHECK defantly sounds like a colaberation of the nites iv had in2011so far

Dear heart, plz stop getin involved in everyfink ur job is to pump blood around my body only, thanks

‎307missed calls, 1 fat ass stamtment, 6angry men, 3death threat and a big food shop later- im ready to start drinkin wota day

funny when sumone leaves the phone on for 25minutes after speakin to ya n u find out all there secrets n lies n wot they really think of u . . . soft **** . . . really cnt wait for my summer in napa now sun sea sex and strangers becomein friends bring it the **** on sunshine

i am heartbroken to have found out that last year when i THORT i met Jimmi Hendrix at Eletric Picnic Festival in september 2010 and had a JD with him it was all a lie and hes bin dead for year . . . thats my claim to fame scraped . . . HEART BROKEN . . . oh well at least i pulled an "eco terrorist" in the scilent rave there

SEE YOU IN COURT . . . YOU HORRIBLE ****

Not even tip of iceberg. All in 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

the statuses about my true friends will post this bla bla bla and all the depressing ones. and the ones that are obviously aimed at a particular person, or the indepth summaries of an event!

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr anything bitchy, soppy, stupid, and especially your the best boyfriend ever xx no your the best girlfriend ever AHHHHHHHHHHHH. Or the ones under pictures goin i look so fat, even though there like a twig, then their friends start complementin them, then they say no way, e.g. i look so fat. friend:no you dont you look lovelyxx,. girl: your only sayin thatxx. friend: no, you do, i love your dressxx. girl: really xx so annoyin!

this person is awful bad,. she'd depress ya due to her complete lack of grammar and spelling ability alone:

"wreckedd mon."
    "ledgeee nitee mon :P head is stil fuuuked :Z"
    "Taanite boiii ;)"
    "Sum ppl ar so fukiin weeeird !!!"
    "******..."
    "Just have ta move on..."
    "Just Dont No Anymore Tbh.."
    "Ahahahaa its so funny wen a freaak tinks dr beta dan everywan else:L :L"
    "Fuukin freaks."

there all since the 17 of this month and ive left out about 10 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭That Handsome Devil

Hold your breath. This girl is out of order. This will be he worst you ever see and there is way more.

You're friends with this person?
    The Jimi Hendrix was funny though! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

I hate when people write :( or 'sad' or sh1te like that. then the usual dopes with the 'u ok hun?' posts below.

I wanted to read it, I really did. I just can't. Google needs to add a new language to its translate list.

You're friends with this person?
    The Jimi Hendrix was funny though! :p

she was friends with my ex, she lives in England. Can't delete too much entertainment.

May be he funniest thing you ever read. This should go down in history:
    just guna throw it out there with this 1 but errrrm didnt Bin lardin die nearly 10 yrs ago in september 11th :/
    Guy One no u tit!
    May 3 at 12:50pm · Like

Guy 2l U should change Daisy to Dosey !
    May 3 at 12:50pm · Like

Girl in question defantly always kinda had it in my head he was the terrorist that did 9/11 who was that **** then?
    May 3 at 12:52pm · Like

guy 2 He was, but he wasnt soft enough to do it himself, thats what the rat sheep following him were for !
    May 3 at 12:53pm · Like

Guy 3 Omg nicki ur mad u lol
    May 3 at 12:59pm · Like

Girl in questionim not mad im happy :) ryry
    so if he didnt do it y is every1 mad at him?
    May 3 at 1:01pm · Like

Guy one because he organised it, an hes the world most wanted since then! he was like hitler in a way
    May 3 at 1:03pm · Like

guy 2ye what guy one said " a bit like ur the most wanted in Ormy" haha
    May 3 at 1:04pm · Like

girl 2 when did he die? And how?
    May 3 at 1:05pm · Like

girl in question ‎*n skem after this wkend
    hay i quite fancy Hitler if he wernt such atit n tha
    also if he orginzd it y didnt they kil him b4
    May 3 at 1:07pm · Like

guy 1 rumble do ur research girl!
    May 3 at 1:07pm · Like

Guy 1 type his name into wiki
    May 3 at 1:08pm · Like

girl in question and the best part of whole thing he drowned didnt he?
    hay y didnt they kill the ppl who actuly done 9/11 then this is all getin waaay to much for me
    May 3 at 1:13pm · Like

guy 2, they died in the plane crashes babe xx take a break from thinking too much xx
    May 3 at 1:14pm · Like

guy 1 do u watch the news rumble please stop thinking beyond lads please :)
    May 3 at 1:15pm · Like

girl in question no i never watch the news it upsets me2 much i dnt c the point in it, hmm yes of cors they did sily me, il stik 2 men thort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->FB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What the f*ck is this sh*t?

she was friends with my ex, she lives in England. Can't delete too much entertainment.

Christ.
    :eek:

I don't know her, comes up on my news feed. Outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Jesus ****ing christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I'm both delighted I don't have people like that on my facebook but upset at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

This is a status I have seen a few of my friends post in recent days:
    It's official.. signal at 12:20 it even passed on tv. Facebook will start charging this summer. If you copy this on your wall your icon will turn blue and facebook will be free for you. Please pass this message if not your count will be deleted. p.s, this is serious the icon turns blue, So please put this on your wall

Also it annoys me people joining these groups about stop FB charging blah blah etc although it is not as common as it used to be.

Why do people believe this and although they probably see the FB homepage everyday they always miss this message:
    166332.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

anndub wrote: »
    Was this exact thread not done a couple of months ago?

So effing what?

One thing that p!sses me off more than these facebook morons (the ones you'd love to delete but can't for various reasons) are these resident boards-pedants who make such comments...as if the annals of history will somehow be distorted by duplicating insignificant threads on boards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

"My heart will sing praise the Lord always, rejoice and be glad in it!!!"

Feicing Christians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This one I thought was one of those sh1tty stupid ones but is actually good :D

A real man is a woman's best friend.he will never let her down. He will comfort her after a bad day. He will inspire her to do things she never thought she could do. He will enable her to express her deepest emotions. He will enable her to be confident, sexy, seductive and invincible. No wait.... Sorry.... I'm thinking of wine.... It's wine that does all that.... Never mind....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

amdublin wrote: »
    This one I thought was one of those sh1tty stupid ones but is actually good :D

A real man is a woman's best friend.he will never let her down. He will comfort her after a bad day. He will inspire her to do things she never thought she could do. He will enable her to express her deepest emotions. He will enable her to be confident, sexy, seductive and invincible. No wait.... Sorry.... I'm thinking of wine.... It's wine that does all that.... Never mind....

Good as in I lol'd btw. Not so good that I shared or anything...

Only with you special folks now :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement