Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao offers next week.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you get offered a college course I'd take it over a PLC any day in normal circumstances.

I'm fairly relaxed, the hard work is done on all our parts, it's just the waiting now. Out of our hands, just sit back and try relax. I've just been listening to music and keeping myself occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 The Irish Gunner

Will wrote: »
    If you get offered a college course I'd take it over a PLC any day in normal circumstances.

I'm fairly relaxed, the hard work is done on all our parts, it's just the waiting now. Out of our hands, just sit back and try relax. I've just been listening to music and keeping myself occupied.

Im gonna go on the beer. Last day of work. At least I might get some sleep tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Ashiya wrote: »
    Ah so you must be good at cooking! Teach me some tricks! :D Hehehe.
    That's really cool, I hope you get it!
    I've applied to Dentistry. Absolutely bricking it xD

fairly good at cooking yes (not blowing my own trumpet r nethin) still lots to learn in order to be professional chef, hence the course :)

been busy the last couple hours so not been thinking much about it but now....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭colcar

my post is normally there when i wake up so its gonna be a nervous walk down that stairs tomor morning :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Milanmio

for feck sake no offers for me now but
    does this
    In early July a small number of offers of places may be issued to applicants such as:
    those who need to make visa or other arrangements before taking a place;
    deferred applicants;
    mature nursing/midwifery code applicants.
    that i shouldn't worry yet or what?

• Advertisement

so is it 4th August or what?
    Round Zero:
    Offer Date: 4th August, 2011 from 06:00
    Reply Date: 10th August, 2011 by 17:15

In early August there may be a small number of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not awaiting current year examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, e.g. mature applicants.
    please tell me that I'm not only one who didn't get offer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Best Of Luck everybody!! Anyone heading to DCU see yas there.

p.s will it be on CAO.ie from 12am?

It's online now , I think . No offer for me.

jeeeeeeeeeesus. it's just tomorrow.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭rocco.

Milanmio wrote: »
    It's online now , I think . No offer for me.

Offer Round Dates and Reply Dates

Early Round:
    Offer Date: 7th July, 2011 from 06:00
    Reply Date: 14th July, 2011 by 17:15

In early July a small number of offers of places may be issued to applicants such as:
    deferred applicants;
    Round Zero:

In early August there may be a small number of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not awaiting current year examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, e.g. mature applicants.

Round One:
    Offer Date: 22nd August, 2011 from 06:00
    Reply Date: 29th August, 2011 by 17:15

Issue of main body of offers take place after Irish Leaving Certificate Examination results become available.

Round Two:
    Offer Date: 1st September, 2011 from 06:00
    Reply Date: 7th September, 2011 by 17:15

A second round of offers will be issued to fill any remaining vacancies.

After Round Two:
    Offers will be issued as necessary until October to fill any vacancies which may arise. CHILL OUT PATSY

• Advertisement

Milanmio wrote: »
    jeeeeeeeeeesus. it's just tomorrow.:)

what? did you think it was today and that you got no offer r something?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

Just looking at a form I got from CAO a while with my change of mind documents, Some offers will be posted out today to mature students and will arrive by post tomorrow. Offers appear on the website at 10am Thursday 7th July.
    I'd presume anyone that recieved a letter from the colleges already stating that they'll be offered a place on their chosen course will recieved an offer tomorrow.
    Some college's require people to go for various assessments, I know NUIM are doing a Maths Assessment course starting next week and depending on how people do in that will decide if their offered a place. So with that I'd presume if you've already been told you'll be offered a place, you'll get your offer tomorrow but if you have to do one of the assessment courses then you won't receive an offer till August.
    Also if you get one of your options your aswell to accept, if a course in a higher preference choice comes up you can accept that and the other is voided. As long as your offers are moving up your preference choices on your cao form you can keep accepting but you can't turn down your 1st choice for a lower choice as once you recieve a course higher up your choices, all options below that preference are automatically voided.

Sorry for long post but hope it helps.

yes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭colcar

looks like only a very limited amount of places were offered today (those who need to make visa or other arrangements;deferred applicants;mature nursing/midwifery code applicants.) so it looks like its august the 4th for the rest of us to wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ashiya

It sounds like only mature nursing and midwifery applicants will get results tomorrow? =/
    That's sure what it looks like...
    Plucked from the CAO website:
    Early Round:

deferred applicants;

Round Zero:

Round One:

Issue of main body of offers take place after Irish Leaving Certificate Examination results become available.

Round Two:

After Round Two:
    Offers will be issued as necessary until October to fill any vacancies which may arise.

If that's true that really sucks...

Ashiya wrote: »
    It sounds like only mature nursing and midwifery applicants will get results tomorrow? =/
    That's sure what it looks like...
    Plucked from the CAO website:
    Early Round:

deferred applicants;

Round Zero:

Round One:

Round Two:

After Round Two:
    Offers will be issued as necessary until October to fill any vacancies which may arise.

If that's true that really sucks...

It'd better not be august. Everyone told me tomorrow and I'll b pissed if I have to wait. Also as far as I know the main mature applications came out this time last yr. Argh I didn't need this last minute panic. I have a migraine :(

hdowney wrote: »
    It'd better not be august. Everyone told me tomorrow and I'll b pissed if I have to wait. Also as far as I know the main mature applications came out this time last yr. Argh I didn't need this last minute panic. I have a migraine :(
    I hope not either :(
    Sorry for the last minute panic :x Seems the CAO website only put this information on there today.
    Have a lot to organise and this doesn't really help lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9 k2000

Round A In early July, offers of places may be issued to applicants such as : deferred applicants; mature applicants; mature nursing/midwifery code applicants; those who need to make visa arrangements before taking up a place.

Round Zero In early August there may be an issue of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not competing with those awaiting 2011 examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, i.e. graduate entry medicine applicants, additional mature applicants and applicants presenting FETAC (2002-2011) for consideration for entry to courses with a quota for FETAC applicants may also be included at this stage

This is from the CAO handbook. Mature applicants should get offers tomorrow with round 2 for matures on 4th August. Panic attack over

so 7.5 hours to go:)

k2000 wrote: »
    Round A In early July, offers of places may be issued to applicants such as : deferred applicants; mature applicants; mature nursing/midwifery code applicants; those who need to make visa arrangements before taking up a place.

Round Zero In early August there may be an issue of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not competing with those awaiting 2011 examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, i.e. graduate entry medicine applicants, additional mature applicants and applicants presenting FETAC (2002-2011) for consideration for entry to courses with a quota for FETAC applicants may also be included at this stage

This is from the CAO handbook. Mature applicants should get offers tomorrow with round 2 for matures on 4th August. Panic attack over

I read that as well, but if you go to My Application, it has the round dates at the top. If you click More Information you will then get the text that I pasted above. I do hope that what's in the CAO handbook is correct, maybe they used bad phrasing? I hope I am wrong with my earlier post XD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 melly85

so nervous !
    Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

hdowney wrote: »

Im sorry I rang up and was told for mature student it would be august and that some matures applicants could get offers tomorrow!

edit unless I was given the wrong info!

great, back to normal.panic)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Thats what I was told by one person on the phone! Id rather it be tommorow (my brothers waiting on offers) fingers crossed its not knowing thats the killer! Good luck everyone anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

got 1st choice, Arts in NUIM - can't wait:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

i only got my 5th choice :( my first 4 choices all have a science subject in the LC as a prerequisite, which i don't have, but i thought as a mature student , you could get away with this, what with being considered a 'non traditional' applicant an' all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 The Irish Gunner

Im absolutly delighted. Got my first choice.Just hope my alarm is'nt going to go off now and wake me out of this dream. I really hope everyone else on here got good news. Best of luck with your studies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

id say chances of a fetac place r slim and none for me im a mature and got my 9th choice only and 1 level 7 offer:( unless a miracle happens

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marianneh79

i got offered my 2nd choice as a mature student.. Happy with it but if i accept it is there still a chance ill get offered my 1st choice in later rounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 nato

i got my second choice im thrilled,my first was ucd so knew that would be tough.

Advertisement