Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao offers next week.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Got offered my 3rd choice course today! Im 24 but didnt apply as a mature student because I wanted to get my 1st choice on points..so dont know why im being offered the course today??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Got mine Building services eng in cit , it was my first and only choice so delighted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭colcar

dockysher wrote: »
    I got offered energy engineering in gmit my 1st choice,happy days:D

looking forward to it now couple of mates doing it all ready they reckon its a v good course..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Milanmio

got offers for soft dev in Athlone and Galway and have no idea where to go
    I think im going to toss a coin or what.:)anyway its a good problem.
    congrats to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭portumnadaz

I was a late application for a sustainable construction in Athlone and I got offered the place today but I never did an interview, Is that normal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Maloney33

FML just realized the two courses i was offered today are for DBS(dublin business school), does that mean Ive to pay the fees of 5k if i want to go, even doe Im going back on the BTEA Scheme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deb07

congrats to everyone, didnt get an offer today but i know DIT are waitin on fetac results so fingers crossed, thats my first choice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Well done to everyone !

Ashiya wrote: »
    Yeah I just rang up - Got rejected :( Absolutely gutted...

I'd recommend anyone who gets the same message as me on CAO to ring the college, they'll tell you what the story is. As CAO keeps the message the same if you didn't get any offers (or if they have yet to come).

Congrats to everyone that got what they wanted :)
    Sorry to hear this.You know this is only one year.You will have loads of others

deb07 wrote: »
    congrats to everyone, didnt get an offer today but i know DIT are waitin on fetac results so fingers crossed, thats my first choice

Really? sweet so i have a chance.

• Advertisement

yeah was talkin to a girl from my class an she rang them an tats wat dey told her, so we're still in wit a chance maloney33

deb07 wrote: »
    yeah was talkin to a girl from my class an she rang them an tats wat dey told her, so we're still in wit a chance maloney33

Cheers, hope you get what you what.

yeah a friend of mine rang an dey told her no offers til dey go tru results so we still in wit chance il ring dem in the morn an let ya know maloney33

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

i'm a tool. i almost immediately accepted my first offer ( Civil Law, which was my fifth choice ). Now I am regretting it, as I am thinking I would have preferred my seventh and eighth preferences, which i have sufficient leaving cert points for, but thats now irrelevant, as i understand it, they were negated as soon as i ( stoopidly ) accepted my first offer. dear god, i hope i get another offer in the next round!!!

i'm a tool. i almost immediately accepted my first offer ( Civil Law, which was my fifth choice ). Now I am regretting it, as I am thinking I would have preferred my seventh and eighth preferences, which i have sufficient leaving cert points for, but thats now irrelevant, as i understand it, they were negated as soon as i ( stoopidly ) accepted my first offer. dear god, i hope i get another offer in the next round!!!
    You can prob cancel it.id ring the cao office directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Contact CAO, in your confirmation email it should say that if it was accepted in error to contact them immediately, worth giving them a shout and seeing what the story is.

Accepted my place in my first choice course, Economics in UCD! Couldn't be happier.

I'm not to worried about having the capabilities of comprehending the course, it's trying to sort out a grant that is the real problem!!

Well done to everyone and I echo the above post, I think we all owe a lot of gratitude to Lorraine for this forum and for all the information she provides, really appreciate it.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting, and for those who did not succeed on this occassion, I know it sucks, but there's always next year!

eternal wrote: »
    You can prob cancel it.id ring the cao office directly.

ya reckon? worth a shot definitely ! thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

I thought if your offered your fifth choice that you won't get offered anything lower than that even if you don't accept it? I could be wrong tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Contact CAO, in your confirmation email it should say that if it was accepted in error to contact them immediately, worth giving them a shout and seeing what the story is.

Accepted my place in my first choice course, Economics in UCD! Couldn't be happier.

I'm not to worried about having the capabilities of comprehending the course, it's trying to sort out a grant that is the real problem!!

Well done to everyone and I echo the above post, I think we all owe a lot of gratitude to Lorraine for this forum and for all the information she provides, really appreciate it.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting, and for those who did not succeed on this occassion, I know it sucks, but there's always next year!

What about thanks for me??? :pac:

Well done everyone. Absolutely great to see such happy posts!! I know the feeling. Walking on air. :)

Also, if you didn't get your choice, chin up. There is always next year. (I've been there too!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Migey

I didnt know results were out today, got my first choice, moooooo ha ha ha!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Princess HLS

I got my place in Social Science (DN550) in UCD as a mature student - happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Yeah! Accepted my 1st choice offer in Energy engineering at NUIG, so it's happy days!

Lats year I applied for the same course at NUIG and a similar one at GMIT. I was rejected at both places but I got an offer for Computing in something something at GMIT.

I decided that I definitely wanted the Energy Systems Engineering course at NUIG and they invited me to do the Foundation Certificate in Science and Engineering. I applied, got accepted and completed the course in May. That practically guaranteed me a place. I would advise anybody to weigh their options carefully before accepting an offer which they may not be satisfied with. A foundation certificate gives you a much better chance of getting your dream course so consider this as an option.

Good luck to all those who succeeded and better luck next time to those who didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 angie07

Hi I didnt get an offers from the CAO i rang the admisssions in UCC and they told me I did not get a place so basically anybody got some advice do I just apply again for next year and hope for the best is there any courses or advice on how I could improve my chances for next year i am mature student I only got 86 overall score in MSAP so I think if I study more for that exam what is the adverage score for MSAP is 86 really bad !!!!! thanks for any tips sorry for long post:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

curious. what is the MSAP?

you could look into perhaps taking a 1 yr access course with your chosen college, or in a local vec (check first if your chosen college and course will accept access for help in getting in) also colleges offer say a module from the course part-time/evening then if you take that it could help with your application next year

sorry to hear you didn't get in

Larianne wrote: »
    [Jackass] wrote: »

What about thanks for me??? :pac:

Well done everyone. Absolutely great to see such happy posts!! I know the feeling. Walking on air. :)

Also, if you didn't get your choice, chin up. There is always next year. (I've been there too!!)
    I'm soo sorry LArrainne, I didn't intentionally meanto be rude, I just accidentally thanked the wrong post ( which I also appreciated )

Yeah! Accepted my 1st choice offer in Energy engineering at NUIG, so it's happy days!

Lats year I applied for the same course at NUIG and a similar one at GMIT. I was rejected at both places but I got an offer for Computing in something something at GMIT.

I decided that I definitely wanted the Energy Systems Engineering course at NUIG and they invited me to do the Foundation Certificate in Science and Engineering. I applied, got accepted and completed the course in May. That practically guaranteed me a place. I would advise anybody to weigh their options carefully before accepting an offer which they may not be satisfied with. A foundation certificate gives you a much better chance of getting your dream course so consider this as an option.

Good luck to all those who succeeded and better luck next time to those who didn't.
    How do you go about applying for such a course ?I have never heard about them before, but it definitely sounds preferable to choosing the wrong course, which I am Almost resigned to doing. ( I really want my first preference BADLY ) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

How do you go about applying for such a course ?I have never heard about them before, but it definitely sounds preferable to choosing the wrong course, which I am Almost resigned to doing. ( I really want my first preference BADLY ) :)

Where are you based? A lot of the third level institutes now have foundation/access courses attached to them.

I did the Science & Engineering course in UCD. http://www.ucd.ie/adulted/prospectivestudents/accesscourses/accesstoscienceandengineering/ There is also one for Arts. http://www.ucd.ie/adulted/prospectivestudents/accesscourses/accesstoartsandhumansciences/

Here is the one based at GMIT: http://www.gmit.ie/access-office/access-programmes.html

You should contact the uni/college where the course is an enquire about access courses.

Actually, I'm going to research this and start a thread on this information. :)

angie07 wrote: »
    Hi I didnt get an offers from the CAO i rang the admisssions in UCC and they told me I did not get a place so basically anybody got some advice do I just apply again for next year and hope for the best is there any courses or advice on how I could improve my chances for next year i am mature student I only got 86 overall score in MSAP so I think if I study more for that exam what is the adverage score for MSAP is 86 really bad !!!!! thanks for any tips sorry for long post:(:(
    What course did you go for .Thats way above average.I got 134 ,which surprised me but 134 isnt much higher than 86.Theres something wrong there .Id ask again.Unless there are limited places.
    MSAP is the mature student exam to get into college ! I think theres a different exam for each kind of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭knifeyspoony

Does anyone know, that if i accept my first choice, Round Zero LEVEL 8 offer (4th of august) Do I still get the chance of being offered a LEVEL 7 place on the 22nd of August? (Round One)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know, that if i accept my first choice, Round Zero LEVEL 8 offer (4th of august) Do I still get the chance of being offered a LEVEL 7 place on the 22nd of August? (Round One)
    yes you do

Advertisement