Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao offers next week.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fun.bobby1981

Marvel80 wrote: »
    Anyone else here going to NUIG?

Hey Marvel80, I've accepted a place in NUIG to start in September. What are you gonna be studying?? I'm doing the B.A. (Maths & Education). Been working in IT since last at college & thoroughly sick of it now. Always wanted to get into teaching & I've a head for maths, so really lookin forward to the course. Did the Science & Maths foundation course there last year which helped my application.
    hdowney wrote: »
    argh so you are saying i could get three different offers? i assumed i applied as a mature student as i am one, but i supplied them with my lc points and fetac award information.

actually i have a question then. i got letters a couple months ago from two of the places i applied saying i was being offered a place on foot of my lc points and therefore don't have to appear for interview, does that mean i won't get the CAO letter for them until August? i couldn't bear that

Hdowney, I also provided my LC & previous degree results in my CAO application, but as long as you selected in your application that you were a mature student, you will be treated as such, but then you'll have gotten your offer by now, so this answer is redundant!! :-)
    Hope you got what you wanted!

Milanmio wrote: »
    got offers for soft dev in Athlone and Galway and have no idea where to go
    I think im going to toss a coin or what.:)anyway its a good problem.
    congrats to everyone.

Go to Galway, I went to AIT for my Business Computing degree.
    Athlone is not a great college, unless they've revolutionised in in the last 6 years :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Hdowney, I also provided my LC & previous degree results in my CAO application, but as long as you selected in your application that you were a mature student, you will be treated as such, but then you'll have gotten your offer by now, so this answer is redundant!! :-)
    Hope you got what you wanted!

I'm off to Tallaght to do Culinary Arts. well chuffed :)

I'm off to Tallaght to do Culinary Arts. well chuffed :)

Sweet! Congrats & enjoy!
    I'm doing an education degree in NUI Galway. really looking forward to it but I have to finance it all myself as I already have an undergrad!

Just got the call today for a stage 2 interview with Boston Scientific, o if I get in there, hopefully I'll be able to work a night shift so I can keep the income steady as well as study during the day. Will be mega tough, but worth it at the end of 4 years!!

Sweet! Congrats & enjoy!
    I'm doing an education degree in NUI Galway. really looking forward to it but I have to finance it all myself as I already have an undergrad!

Just got the call today for a stage 2 interview with Boston Scientific, o if I get in there, hopefully I'll be able to work a night shift so I can keep the income steady as well as study during the day. Will be mega tough, but worth it at the end of 4 years!!

gah, do you not qualify as a second chance student or anything. like if you are more than 5 years out of education you are second chance student and there is something to do with fee exemptions there.

i did a PLC years ago and was brickin it that i would have to pay fees, but a i could use the second chance route, but b i am doing a level 6 now which is higher anyway so i should be sorted.

i can still completely understand the stress of financing college. even with a grant i am going to be stretched uber thin. i have to find myself some dosh and get myself a motor to get to college which is a headache i'd rather not have now. and sofar nothing on the part time job front round here :(

good luck sorting the finances and enjoy college :)

• Advertisement

gah, do you not qualify as a second chance student or anything. like if you are more than 5 years out of education you are second chance student and there is something to do with fee exemptions there.

Nah, the second chance only applies if you didnt complete your previous undergrad, and even at that I think there are plenty of other conditions attached too.

No, I'm completely on my own by the look of it. Ironic really. I didnt want to do the course I did before & I only completed it because my parents wanted me to. Now here I am, doing what I want & having to pay through the nose ... where are my parents now??? :-)

Ah well, I can be bitter about it, or I can just thank my stars that I saw sense & grew the balls to actually give up everything & go back. If I get this job in the factory it'll keep me well enough (fanancially, maybe not physically/mentally :-)).

So here goes, roll on the student life, again!!
    Congrats & best of luck to all that are going back again this year & good luck next year to everyone else that didnt get in this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

HI Fun Bobby, Im going to to Midwifery I was in college before also so have to pay fees also but I have someone helping me with that.

Marvel80 wrote: »
    Im going to to Midwifery I was in college before also so have to pay fees also but I have someone helping me with that.

Good stuff, hope it goes well for you. Will you be doing the Return to Education seminar? Not sure if they've sent out any info on it yet but I think last year it happened during the last week in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

Ill have a look for that, did a pre nursing fetac course a year ago so not too out of the education loop but im sure it wil lbe a help.

Yeah I did the foundation course which finished in May this year, but I think the Return to Education course is more about the study skills & writing skills etc. Could definitely do with it myself!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 igwe

please does anyone know about IT carlow on their offer, i am a mature student and i applied for cao on business courses. does anyone has an offer with ITcarlow . thanks

please do u know about anyone who has offer on business courses in IT carlow. thanks

please do u know about anyone who has offer on business courses in IT carlow. thanks

i am not sure, but from what i heard it carlows offers did not go out on the 7th of july like all the other mature student cao offers. not sure y or when they are going out. maybe someone else on here can help more.

Thank you so much for the reply, becos i havent slept well for weeks.... i thought it carlow has sent offer to mature student and left me out. i hope i get an offer by august.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

igwe wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the reply, becos i havent slept well for weeks.... i thought it carlow has sent offer to mature student and left me out. i hope i get an offer by august.

Fingers crossed for you igwe. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cabaret

I got my offer sent out for Carlow IT on the 7th of July. Mature Student here. Maybe you should give the college a ring and investigate. Best of luck :)

i heard certain courses in carlow didn't get any offers sent out at all on july 7th (like for some reason they didn't send them to the cao in time or something) so maybe that is the course they are on about

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dusterd

When are mature students notified of places?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭heathcliff

It was Carlow College that did not offer places in July, don't know anything about Carlow IT.

• Advertisement

cabaret wrote: »
    I got my offer sent out for Carlow IT on the 7th of July. Mature Student here. Maybe you should give the college a ring and investigate. Best of luck :)

which course did u get an offer??

Applied Social Studies - Social Care

cabaret wrote: »
    Applied Social Studies - Social Care

Thats good, i remember when i went for the interview the people interviewing me said to me if i will like to study business and law, so i am thinking maybe that was my first choice they choose for me. i am so confuse my interview went well i even showed them prof of my last study in my previous college and my olevel results which i got 7 credits. i will just have to wait for next week and cross my fingers.

Best of luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Is the 4th of august the final date for offers for matures? If I don't get my first choice in august then I'm out of luck this year is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

ring the college and see what the department policy is.
    I'm still waiting to hear as I'm the first reserve on the course I want. The 2 offers made accepted their places so I won't get a place in the second round. I was told that they can make an offer at any time though. When the second round CAO offers are made, if the points are about to drop or they have to go to random selction, they may make me an offer. So I'm still wating with everything crossed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm delighted to say that I was offered my second choice in CAO's "round zero" offers yesterday, Psychology in UCD.

I don't visit this board often but if it wasn't for the information or odd tip that I learned from the sporadic occasions I did pop in here, I very likely wouldn't have been where I am now, so thanks everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm delighted to say that I was offered my second choice in CAO's "round zero" offers yesterday, Psychology in UCD.

I don't visit this board often but if it wasn't for the information or odd tip that I learned from the sporadic occasions I did pop in here, I very likely wouldn't have been where I am now, so thanks everyone! :)

Congratulations!!! Have fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

And how does that make you feel? :P

Only joking congrats man ill be there myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Congrats to everyone. I got my first choice NUIM Community and Youth. Although I got an offer letter it just seems so real now oh God think the nerves just kicked in!.

To anyone who didn't get an offer panic not. I applied last year an although I had distinctions (7 of them was one short for full award) among other awards I still didnt get in. Its not the end of the road. Sometimes people fall through the cracks and maybe this isnt your time just don't give up and throw the towel in.
    Remember you can always phone up the college etc in August/September to enquire if any any places are left of anyone droped out. Its always an idea to phone up and say you applied and really wanted a place in such such place (kiss ass lol) but why didn't I? You have nothing to lose. Theres always other rounds of offers aswell.

Again to everyone CONGRATS! Its all starting to feel VERY real now ...... ;)

Hi there,

May i ask u how u find the course? As im very interested in doing it nx yr as a mature student how many to a class? Good friendly atmosphere? Wats the workload like? Is it 3yr course?

Thank you :)

Advertisement