Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dainese Leathers

• 30-06-2011 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi lads,

Just have a question about dainese leathers. I bought a jacket ages ago from bikeworld on sale and its a size to big for me and they dont zip very well to my pants cuz of the size to big but its grand for winter riding and with my textile trousers but im looking to get a summer tighter jacket.

Now i've been told from the bikeworld staff that dainese leathers only zip to dainese and no others?? Before i knew this i went and bought my leather pelle pants for 350e and all dainese jackets just seem to be gettin more expensive or is it just bikeworld?

I'm just wondering has anyone had the same problem with this or can i actually buy different brands becuase i'd like to have an option considering i spent alot on the pants!

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

You could try one of those ZUP Biker things, theyre supposed to join any jacket to any pants. Theres a demo on youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Leftbehind

Yea i seen those during the bike show this year, really good idea tbh. If i get desperate i'll Prob invest in one of them but would i be better off sticking to dainese? berik and arlen ness and all those brands are still quite expensive too i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Leftbehind

hmm had a look at that demo, it's held together with micro velcro? i don't really trust velcro to last a long time cause i'd my dainese back protector 2 lil over a year and the velcro's turned to sh*t on that..i've to put more velcro on it now. Prefer zips tbh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

GS Motorcycles in Hillsborough and Ballymena in NI have Berik 2-piece leathers for £400. I bought mine there a few weeks back.
    Motostyle in Belfast have 2-Piece Dianese for £400 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Where are they intended to zip together? Over the arse only? I reckon any seamstress or cobbler would be able to join anything to anything else, if they're supplying the zips, or bypassing existing zips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

My new Richa jacket has a zip above the arse. One side is sewn onto my jacket, the opposite side is removable with the intention that it be sewn onto whatever trousers I choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Most stuff is like that now it costs nothing to stick a zip on the back of most stuff to allow you to zip stuff together.
    The only problem I have found is with Hein Gericke stuff it has a full circle zip...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FingalBiker

Anyone lucky enough to have more than one set of bike gear might be interested in the ZUP connector because it allows you to mix and match. All round zip with short zip with a belt for Hood or Draggin jeans. The micro hook velcro is stronger than standard and mine has lasted over a year and is still going strong. My kit includes, Aerostich Jacket, Furygan Jacket, BMW Trousers, and Bering trousers. I can join any to any.

Advertisement