Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple, tasty food?

Options
  • 30-06-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

My cooking skills are basic, but I would like to add more, simple meals to my repertoire.

All I really can do is pasta, noodles and toasties, and oven cook frozen food!

Could anyone advise other simple, do-able meals, or even a few tricks to make pasta different and tastier?

I'm very interested in cooking, just don't know where and how to start, and I have 2 months off until I start college, so I have time to practice any suggestions, and any suggestions would be great :D

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Get yourself a copy of Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook.

Everything you're looking for is in there!

Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

brian93 wrote: »
    My cooking skills are basic, but I would like to add more, simple meals to my repertoire.

All I really can do is pasta, noodles and toasties, and oven cook frozen food!

Could anyone advise other simple, do-able meals, or even a few tricks to make pasta different and tastier?

I'm very interested in cooking, just don't know where and how to start, and I have 2 months off until I start college, so I have time to practice any suggestions, and any suggestions would be great :D

Thanks!
    If you're feeling brave, grab a simple cookbook, one of the Jamie Oliver early ones, and cook a recipe a day and stick to it. You'll be amazed how you'll branch out over the course of the book

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Please at least look over the last few pages of threads. There's dozens and dozens of threads that answer your question. Also look in the cooking club.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Faith wrote: »
    Please at least look over the last few pages of threads. There's dozens and dozens of threads that answer your question. Also look in the cooking club.

I'm sorry!

and thanks to the rest of ye, I'll have a look for a cook book :p

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Highly recommend Jamie Oliver's cookbook. I am cooking through "Ministry of Food" this summer for the laugh. He has very very clear instructions. A number of his recipes are on his website if you want to try out a few first.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

smiles302 wrote: »
    Highly recommend Jamie Oliver's cookbook. I am cooking through "Ministry of Food" this summer for the laugh. He has very very clear instructions. A number of his recipes are on his website if you want to try out a few first.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/

exactly my point, something like Julie and Julia but with bigger tongues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wildgeordie

try a slowcooker there ideal, just put in veg and meat and leave it till its cooked and u can do loads of diffrent meals in them ,i was like you till i got 1 .
    john .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Add Chorizo to ... everything. I can't live without it! Great for pastas, stews etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Here's a link to the Easy Peasy recipes thread. Have a look through it & see if anything tickles your fancy that suits your culinary skills.

There's also the whole Cooking Club forum that has step-by-step guides for producing wonderful & varied meals.

Advertisement