Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waiting and waiting and wai..................

Options
  • 30-06-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

hi all
    i got my good news letter last monday (licence approval):D paid the fee straight away bit still no sign of the licence yet, i think the posty thinks im stalking him every morning ha ha. i know its only been 8 days now but this waiting lark seems to be a bit of a waiting game;) i crashed my bike last sunday and the shoulder's a bit tender so shooting's probly not the best thing at the moment. all the same....... cant wait to get it;);)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If it was the grant letter (not the receipt letter) then you should have had the license within 5 working days of paying at the post office. I would be ringing the number at the top of the grant letter (i think) and asking where the license is.

I had a situation like this a year ago. Waited 2 weeks with no sign. When i rang up they said it was issued. When i told them i never got it, they cancelled the original license/cert number and re-issued me with a new one. Had it 3 days later.

Nice one though (about the license not the fall)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

thanks, yes i rang yesterday and the lady said " if it doesnt come within the next week, i should go back to my station about it" for a help line it wasnt very helpful. the letter states within 7 working days. ohhhhh will the waiting ever end!!!! ha ha;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 HugeCheapskate

My licence still hadn't arrived two months after I paid the money in the Post Office so I went up to the Garda station. The female Garda working there told me that I should have been given the licence there and then in the Post Office. Just goes to show how much that Garda knew about the licencing system. Anyway, I went back a few days later to talk to the Garda who dealt with firearms licences and he clicked a few buttons on the computer and I had my licence three days later. Go to the Garda next week if it still hasn't arrived and they should sort you out.

Advertisement