Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July Happy Fun Time Meet-up Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

great night alright:D didnt feel so good at 7am though:o sounds like the fun continued in freds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

****e was i mocking his accent or someones accent? :confused:

did i smoke it?

No, you were trying to guess where he was from by his accent and no you never smoked the cigarette. He smoked it himself.
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Twas a good night.
    Dnot remember much (any :p) of fred Zepplins...

Corona is nice :D

You have a terrible sense of direction when drunk. :P
    corkcomp wrote: »
    great night alright:D didnt feel so good at 7am though:o sounds like the fun continued in freds?

I never felt too great at 7am either, we had another shot in Fred's which consisted of Jaeger, Absinthe and red Aftershock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I think Mudokon is the only one of us that clearly remembers Fred's. I didn't even remember doing shots there until just now reading that we did.

Oh lord :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

mudokon wrote: »
    I never felt too great at 7am either, we had another shot in Fred's which consisted of Jaeger, Absinthe and red Aftershock.

that's not "a shot".
    that's a cocktail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

jujibee wrote: »
    There was a Mexican band and free sombreros. It was fun! I am very hungover :o
    I was there that night. Didn't realise that there was a boards meet-up. Where were you guys sitting?

• Advertisement

Lemag wrote: »
    I was there that night. Didn't realise that there was a boards meet-up. Where were you guys sitting?

We were sitting right at the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Lemag wrote: »

At the bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Last orders! (for a July meetup)
    deRanged wrote: »
    just a suggestion - a few of us talked before about heading to the Abbot's Ale house for a relaxed tasting session some evening. Basically land in and try a few of the varied bottled beers they have there.
    I wonder would people be interested in that?

What do people say to doing the above on Friday or Saturday of next weekend? I guess Sunday is viable too, given the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

FTGFOP wrote: »

What do people say to doing the above on Friday or Saturday of next weekend? I guess Sunday is viable too, given the bank holiday.

I prob won't make this as I'm hoping to go away that weekend! Bu enjoy anywho:D

that's not "a shot".
    that's a cocktail :)

At least it wasn't cocktail prices.

Might not be a bad idea maybe a few people will be away seeing as it's the BH weekend.
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    I prob won't make this as I'm hoping to go away that weekend! Bu enjoy anywho:D

You're just making excuses after what we said about the Abbot Ale house the last time. :pac:

• Advertisement

Might not be a bad idea maybe a few people will be away seeing as it's the BH weekend.

You're just making excuses after what we said about the Abbot Ale house the last time. :pac:

Ha, ha, maybe that too! But Im hoping to go away with a certain boardsie. Arguing at the mo about it, hard work I tells ya. Say Ill only go way for two nights so may make a night with ye, coz I loves ye;)

There's a Steve Reich festival on next weekend too I just found out.

Ha, ha, maybe that too! But Im hoping to go away with a certain boardsie. Arguing at the mo about it, hard work I tells ya. Say Ill only go way for two nights so may make a night with ye, coz I loves ye;)

Ha ha, assume you'll be going the Fri/Sat nights if you go. Might see you on the Sunday then if you're around. You coming to Easy Star All Stars?
    There's a Steve Reich festival on next weekend too I just found out.

Sounds a bit intellectual. Killing brain cells with beer was more what I was intending for the BH weekend.

I'm a fan of the guy, so I feel like I have to take in some part of the festival. That doesn't preclude drinks in Abbot's, though!

The ideas behind his music are relatively intellectual, but the music itself is very accessible. Music for 18 Musicians goes down easy :) That's being performed on Saturday, thinking about going to it.

Anyway sounds like you're up for Abbot's in theory, Mudokon. When suits you? Sunday's fine by me.

Ha ha, assume you'll be going the Fri/Sat nights if you go. Might see you on the Sunday then if you're around. You coming to Easy Star All Stars?

What date is that again? If it is the 7th I don't think I can make it now. Might be going away for a few days..

Anyway sounds like you're up for Abbot's in theory, Mudokon. When suits you? Sunday's fine by me.

Sunday will work for me too.

Had never heard of Steve Reich, music sounded okay. Don't think I'd sit through a whole concert though.
    What date is that again? If it is the 7th I don't think I can make it now. Might be going away for a few days..

Yep it's the 7th. You're mad for the weekends away. ;)

Okay - Sunday at Abbot's it is then! What time are people thinking?

I also need to remember to get a superstars ticket after payday :D

Yep it's the 7th. You're mad for the weekends away. ;)

Ha, I know ya. Only going for one night this week. Friday night, did people get my texts or see facebook?
    Will be going out saturday night in town, as steve will be coming down, if anyone wants to meet. Know ye are doing Sunday night so there is no bothers.

Ha, I know ya. Only going for one night this week. Friday night, did people get my texts or see facebook?
    Will be going out saturday night in town, as steve will be coming down, if anyone wants to meet. Know ye are doing Sunday night so there is no bothers.

Not sure about Friday, what time are you heading up there? How are you getting there? Got your text but they are making me work for my money today. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Third time's the charm - forgot it was bank holiday Monday, Sunday sounds good.

• Advertisement

Okay - Sunday at Abbot's it is then! What time are people thinking?

Anyone fancy doing something a little different on Sunday? There is a roller derby on in Little Island. Tickets are only a fiver and we'll be back into town in plenty of time for beers after as it starts around four.
    I also need to remember to get a superstars ticket after payday biggrin.gif

I'll be getting mine later in the week, let me know if you want me to pick one up for you.

Anyone fancy doing something a little different on Sunday? There is a roller derby on in Little Island. Tickets are only a fiver and we'll be back into town in plenty of time for beers after as it starts around four.

I'll be getting mine later in the week, let me know if you want me to pick one up for you.

What in the name of god is a roller derby?!:p I'm getting images of Grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

and beer is good for bruises of course :)

we're in Dublin this weekend or I'd be along. have a good one!

tommy21 wrote: »
    What in the name of god is a roller derby?!:p I'm getting images of Grease.

Roller skating races with added violence. :D

Thankfully we'll only be watching if we go so no bruises for us. ;)

Have a good weekend.

That sounds way fun! Count us in :D

Haha class yeah something bit different might be good. Can you belittle the participants from the stands and shower them with marbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I might go to the Easy All Stars, they were good the last time. That lead singer is a nutter!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That looks class. I hate working Sundays..... :(

Where and when do you want to meet? Can we take a train out there?

That would be awesome if you have not bought yours yet, I can pay you back on Sunday :)

• Advertisement

Going to Dublin too!! Up to himself for the night, tomorrow. If ye want to meet up tomorrow night!
    Roller skating races with added violence. :D

Thankfully we'll only be watching if we go so no bruises for us. ;)

Have a good weekend.

That looks brilliant, have plans for Sunday though :(

Advertisement