Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New vet in Balbriggan.

Options
  • 30-06-2011 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know the name/ number for the new vets in Balbriggan. I've passed it by a few times but never took down the details. It's opposite the library, beside the dog grooming place.

My cat has gotten yet ANOTHER bite and I don't like the other place. Plus I don;t want to have to wait til 5pm tomorrow to get it sorted.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

Yes, I switched to this vet and I think he's excellant. His name is Brendan (O'Connor I think) and his practice is called Alderwood Veterinary Clinic and his number is 8020055. He also has an office in Stamullen which I actually find more convenient because at least there is parking there - the Stamullen address is Unit 10, Alderwood and I think he's there from 9am - 9.45am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Thanks a million. Went this morning with my cat and have to say, I was very impressed. He was great with my cat, and explained the different types of bites/ medications etc. He has a lovely way about him.
    The Balbriggan clinic is open Mon- Fri 10am- 11am and 5pm- 6pm.
    He's definitely my new vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Whereabouts in Balbriggan is he?

Just across from the library. Beside that dog grooming place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

How much is it for a visit?
    The last time I went to a vet near Rush it was a crazy price for a visit , it was twice the price of my doctor.

• Advertisement

I don't know the exact breakdown but it was pricey. My cat needed pain killers, anti- biotics and I got two worm tablets. It was €67.
    In the other place I've gotten all that before for €55.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

ElleEm wrote: »
    I don't know the exact breakdown but it was pricey. My cat needed pain killers, anti- biotics and I got two worm tablets. It was €67.
    In the other place I've gotten all that before for €55.

I suppose thats not too bad considering I paid 80 euro the last time and 40 euro for the treatment.

I was there a few times over the last while with my cat and it was €42 a visit.

Does this vet have experience with exotic pets? I have two budgies, not exactly exotic but need particular experience to deal with. The majority of vets don't have a clue what to do with them - myself and my mother both had vets crush the birds' hearts while examining them. (Yes they died, you can't crush a bird's heart!) Not really the vet's fault, lack of experience with birds really.

(Yes, that is why I am budgese. Budgese is the language budgies speak!)

Hi guys, I would appreciate a reply today if possible, I want to bring my cat to the vet on Monday morning - is he by appointment only? Or could I walk in and get a time? My cat is a rescue cat, only had him four weeks, so if I manage to bribe him into his carrier it'd be a feat, so I don't want to have to try to do it twice, and can't really afford to take time off - but the cat needs to see a vet. I'm sure they would try to accommodate me if I went down with him in his carrier and explained. It's not so much me taking the time off as him being a semi-wild rescue cat who I will find hard to capture.... he had become a pet in the last four weeks but you know yourselves!!

Thanks if anyone has info about this. I realise I can't phone him till Monday morning.

• Advertisement

I have his business card here and it doesn't mention "by appointment only". I usually ring in advance and he's never given me a specific time to come down. Hope your cat will be ok.

Advertisement