Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only one that is still freaking out about my CAO form?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ClaireMarie

BOOM
    And it is done :D No more chopping and changing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dream_chaser

Wow everyone seems to be hoping for law/business/computing or occupational therapy:eek: So simply to add a little variety i'm gonna post my CAO
    LEVEL 8 CHOICES:
    1. LM038 Psychology and Sociology
    2. LM032 Arts (Joint Honours)
    3. TR071 Science
    4. DN200 Science
    5. LM092 Science with concurrent Teacher Ed. (Bio. sciences with Physics/Chem.)
    6. LM102 Psychology
    7. TR512 Modern Irish/Sociology
    8. DN500 Arts
    9. DC168 Genetics and Cell Biology
    10. GA786 Forensic Science and Analysis

Is it a bit wishful not to have filled in any level 6/7 courses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Is it a bit wishful not to have filled in any level 6/7 courses?

Not at all.. I threw down a few today, even though I'm more than capable of getting the points for my lowest points course in my level 8s.

I didn't even research the level 7s, just used qualifax, found names I like in places I like and put the codes on my form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

It's something I have gone back and fourth with but now I am sure that I want it. The reasons I had for going off it were I wasn't sure I was capable for it but reviewing an aptitude test I did some time ago I know I can do it. Job security and salary have played a part in my choice, but more so out of seeing people lose jobs in the recession etc. than out of greed.

And as for Trinity being too far down, I was up at a revision day on the campus and got lost (:P) and anyone (students) who I asked for directions from were all really snobby..! Not that I'm stereotyping.. It was higher up until that day! :L

Ah now. If you are good enough to get the ~545 points needed for Actuary, you're good enough to get a job from Maths. Don't you know we have the third highest employment rate of any course (after Theoretical Physics and Medicine)?
    Plus, it's not like you can't be an Actuary from Maths, and it gives you other options too.
    And UCD is a hideous pile of concrete and full of orange people. And if you got lost in Trinity, you'll starve in UCD before anybody finds you. It's HUGE.

On the snobbery issue. We have over 16,000 students, and I'd say less than 2,000 are really snobby. They're easy to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Ah now. If you are good enough to get the ~545 points needed for Actuary, you're good enough to get a job from Maths. Don't you know we have the third highest employment rate of any course (after Theoretical Physics and Medicine)?
    Plus, it's not like you can't be an Actuary from Maths, and it gives you other options too.
    And UCD is a hideous pile of concrete and full of orange people. And if you got lost in Trinity, you'll starve in UCD before anybody finds you. It's HUGE.

On the snobbery issue. We have over 16,000 students, and I'd say less than 2,000 are really snobby. They're easy to avoid.

I won't get it in UCD. I'm probably looking at my 3rd choice (common entry) unless I do better than expected and the DCU points come down a little.

Yeah I thought about a Maths degree and then a Actuarial Post-grad but I'm set on the straight degree!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

UCD is a lovely place.

I put down 4 courses.
    Business and Tramsatlantic Studies in DCU
    BESS
    Primary Teaching in Pat's
    Commerce in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Isn't anyone going to do Arts in Maynooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

****, I meant to change the places of my third and fourth... Looks like I'm going to Galway! : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

Ah, to be young again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

Paczini wrote: »
    The thing is that I still don't know what I want to do in life

guess what, after 4 years if uni you're still not gonna know.

http://www.lyricscrawler.com/song/3953.html

• Advertisement

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    ****, I meant to change the places of my third and fourth... Looks like I'm going to Galway! : )

Galway's brilliant,you'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Galway's brilliant,you'll love it.

Galway is the bomb.

I'd love to be going to Galay,just nothingni wanted to do there,unless I get commerce as my last choice.

Same I have arts in galway down as my number ten.

I did 6 weeks of arts in Galway at the start of the year before going back to repeat.

What made you want to repeat?

Just knew the course wasn't for me. I only took it for the sake of doing it and when I was there and I saw all my friends happy in their courses it reenforced what I wanted to d and repeating was the only way to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Shur I may as well jump on the bandwagon

1. DC132 Journalism
    2. DC131 Communications
    3. DC239 Irish & Journalism
    4. DT582 Journalism
    5. DT553 Journalism with a Language
    6. LM039 Journalism and New Media
    7. CK101 Arts

I did 6 weeks of arts in Galway at the start of the year before going back to repeat.

What have you applied for now?

What have you applied for now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Paczini wrote: »
    Isn't anyone going to do Arts in Maynooth?

Hopefully not.

I desperately need the points for this to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ozzz

Don't you know we have the third highest employment rate of any course (after Theoretical Physics and Medicine)?

Where did ya get that from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 M.O.L.

Ye had plenty of time to come to a decision on the order. Even when the exams finished you could still devise your whole CAO in that time.

Im happy with my order.

Level 8 Course Choices:
    1. TR017 Law and Business
    2. TR090 Business Studies and Spanish
    3. TR081 Business, Economic and Social Studies (BESS)
    4. DN610 Business and Law
    5. DN660 Commerce International - Spanish / Chinese
    6. DC116 European Business (Transatlantic Studies)
    7. DC117 Aviation Management / Pilot Studies.
    8. DT557 International Business and Languages - (Spanish)
    9. DN500 Arts - Geography / Spanish
    10. NC009 Business

I should get my second choice. If I'm only offered one of the last 3, I'm repeating to do dentistry.

Anyone else have 1 of my choices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LisaMaria17

M.O.L. wrote: »
    Ye had plenty of time to come to a decision on the order. Even when the exams finished you could still devise your whole CAO in that time.

Im happy with my order.

Level 8 Course Choices:
    10. NC009 Business

I should get my second choice. If I'm only offered one of the last 3, I'm repeating to do dentistry.

Anyone else have 1 of my choices?

I have! I've Commerce International - Spanish/Italian in UCD, Business and Spanish in TCD and International Business and Spanish in DIT. Hoping for TCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

M.O.L. wrote: »

Im happy with my order.

Level 8 Course Choices:
    10. NC009 Business

Why are you aiming for such courses if you would repeat for dentistry? They are polar opposites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Patri wrote: »
    Why are you aiming for such courses if you would repeat for dentistry? They are polar opposites.
    Not much use asking someone who has been site-banned (re-reg.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Not much use asking someone who has been site-banned (re-reg.)

Good call! :pac:

Advertisement