Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katie price/ frankie boye

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

There are several points here.

Mr Boyle is a button pusher. He goes where others fear to tread and, yes, is over the line often.

Young Harvey is not capable of raping his mother. The joke was made when he was seven (?). So it intended as ludicrous. It was hilarious, but wouldn't have been funny if Harvey was 17 and fully mobile.

If Harvey is as disabled as the OP says, then he will never understand the joke anyway, and can't therefore be harmed by it.

Is it coincidence the OP is also a Katie - as an homage, perhaps?

Harvey is not 7 , and the joke is funny because he is not capable of rape
    because of his young age ???? How about he is not capable of it because he is just a decent human being . He just happens to have multiple disabilities none of which make him a sex offender.Whatever his age. That's the point here.
    Actually while its a good thing in the short term that Harvey does not understand the comment in the long run it and indeed in the short term it does Harvey a disservice and many other kids like him. Making factually incorrect statements about this little boy and suggesting he is capable of terrible acts, hurts the perception of his disability and many others too.
    As a parent its her right to defend Harvey. I would do no less.

Interesting that you seem to know next to nothing about Harvey but will happily suggest its ok to malign him???

As for my name being Katie ,well I took that name because my name is actually Katie. I am a grandmother in my 40's who also has a masters degree. I am also the parent of a seriously disabled child. I am not a starry eyed teenager with no education or life experience.

Its just so interesting here how so many people who comment have no real knowledge of Harvey or even of Katie Price . Just a whole load of assumptions. They also clearly have next to no knowledge of intellectual disability. Yet its quite ok to jump in and defend a man who is quite capable of defending himself and any comments made against him. Who cannot make a living without belittling others and who is happy to make money and fame from Harvey. Yet standing up for the innocent child in this case is wrong somehow ??? Only one person did not even mention Katie Price and that was easily the most reasoned debate. Others said they were honestly confused . That's ok too. Most just wanted to jump on the band wagon with the whole we hate Katie price thing. That gets old very quickly. Channel 4 totally operate a double standard here also by not apologizing. They immediately removed a girl from the big brother house because she used the N word . So its in no way ok to insult dark skinned people but its absolutely find to openly insult people with an intellectual disability.

28064212 wrote: »
    Those two statements are direct contradictions. If you want all citizens to be equal, they all should be treated the same.

In the second sentence, you want special treatment for disabled individuals. Why is it ok to joke about gay people, black people, muslims, christians, children, and every other section of society but not disabled individuals? Why do you want to treat them differently?

What message does the "why did the chicken cross the road" joke send? What message did Frankie Boyle's joke about Princess Diana being gang-banged in a landmine field send?

Why does there have to be a message in it?

The statements were not contradictions at all. I do want everyone to be treated equally. Including people with disabilites. To suggest that I want them to get special treatment is laughable. Disability groups are still fighting for the basics like the chance of a decent education. My point is that jokes about the other sections of society you mentioned is not acceptable at all and many of those groups have taken action to halt any unacceptable abuse which is masqueraded as being comedy. At this point some groups dont even have to do that anymore. Like I said in my previous post Channel 4 removed a girl from the big brother house because she used the N word but will allow this type of abuse aimed at a child with an intellectual disability. There are any complaints from all sections of society about demeaning remarks made in the media. If you think its ok to take pot shots at those sections of society then thats your opinion but its not ok to say everyone is ok with it because they are not.

Whether you like it or not this comment does sent a message. Its not a good message. The chicken crossing the road is a childs joke this comment was not. It is also not at the expense only any vulnerable individual
    The Princess Diana joke I have not heard but it sounds like it was in poor taste and if she was alive then I am sure she could have easily taken issue with it if she found it offensive. Her sons are there to take issue with it if she had already passed. Either way it did not suggest that Diana was a sex offender. If it had he probably would have been sued. Diana was adult and capable of defending any slurs. Harvey is a vulnerable child not capable of doing this.

Note how I make an effort to address ALL your points I dont just pick and choose like you are doing.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Tommy Tirenan said a similar thing after he joked about downs syndrome people and other disabled people. He said he worked with a DS charity and asked a lot of sufferers if it was ok to joke about it. They were all delighted that they were finally getting the same treatment as everyone else. When liveline feature it a few DS suffers rang in and had no problem with tommys act.

He also said that when he went to one Down syndrome fund raiser loads of the individuals with Downs Syndrome told him to fcuk off. Many were NOT happy to be a target and used by him to further his career. Many of my friends walked out of his act when he started this tripe. The thing about Down Syndrome is that many many individuals are NOT capable of saying how they feel about his remarks. They are not verbal. At least he was not suggesting they were capable of raping their mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

Owen wrote: »
    If she'd just shut up and brushed it off no one would have been thinking about it a week later. .

Really u think she could ignore this?? I dont think sny parent could! Ive worked in schools and parents complain if another child says the wrong thing to thoer child. Frankie Boyle was a grown adult....

Advertisement