Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Surveying?

Options
  • 30-06-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what they're doing around Bective and Robinstown? There are loads of numbers painted on the side of the road and miles of red and black cables. There's also a few signs with "Surveying" written on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lionsden1

I'm guessing that your post is in relation to seismic surveying that is going on in Meath.

Did the surveying come near your house?

I think the same company is now surveying in my area (Longwood) - I would be interested in knowing if the road vibrations that they induce, cause any damage. Do you have any information on what is involved in this operation?

Any info?

Thanks in advance,

A.
    lionsden1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

thanks! I've no more information on this, but they didn't go near my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭rn

Saw them operating between Kinegad and clonard yesterday... a visually very strange setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Testing for Zinc!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

rn wrote: »
    Saw them operating between Kinegad and clonard yesterday... a visually very strange setup.

Saw them on the road from Kinnegad to Clonard recently too. I was fascinated by the amount of cable involved. At a very rough measure I reckon it was at least five miles of continuous cabling. :eek:

Who needs five miles of cable and how much does that cost? :confused:

Have they never heard of wireless connectivity? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement