Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband/ tv/ telephone.

Options
  • 30-06-2011 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

We are moving to Sligo very soon :D I was wondering which companies would you recommend for broadband. Would you recommend satelite or cable for tv and would you bother with a house phone?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Where in Sligo are you moving to? If you can get UPC I would definitely go with that. Best broadband in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Where in Sligo are you moving to? If you can get UPC I would definitely go with that. Best broadband in town.

near scoil ursula of strand hill road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Careful with UPC tho. I've seen their ads and they make your house glow blue :D, plus Craig Doyle will be prowling around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I use UTV they have a great deal with calls to the UK and Ireland at 9.99 a month unlimited. Now we have our internet up the phone we have their internet service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

UPC have the best deals in Sligo at the moment, We have tv, phone and broadband with them. I preferred SKY for the tv but cant fault their broadband. We get 30 mb on our package. It takes about 15 mind to download a 1.4g file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

we had very good experiences with Digiweb - 3+ years total, 1st one was in Sligo as you know..

(they don't do TV though, just internet & you get a VOIP phone that works like a regular one but is much cheaper)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hungry Rock

Mrs.T wrote: »
    We are moving to Sligo very soon :D I was wondering which companies would you recommend for broadband. Would you recommend satelite or cable for tv and would you bother with a house phone?
    Depends on where you are living really, Broadband is available in Sligo town and not is a lot of country areas, Sky would be your best bet I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Depends on where you are living really, Broadband is available in Sligo town and not is a lot of country areas, Sky would be your best bet I'd say.

I'd say most country areas are well covered by now. I'm in the 'sticks' and I was initially with Fastcom. I switched to a much faster/reliable service with 3G under the National Broadband Scheme in January and for half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

The OP said she was moving to the strandhill road, I doubt she cares about broadband in the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I think you can put the address into the UPC site an I will tell you what services are available.

Also currys have a deal where you can geta voucher from them if you order UPC broadband with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

jazyguy wrote: »
    The OP said she was moving to the strandhill road, I doubt she cares about broadband in the sticks.

Who asked you? Take your trolling somewhere else please. If you were able to read between the lines, you'd see the point I was making. Alas, I suspect you are not.

But If you would like me to spell it out for you in another post, please let me know and I will gladly oblige.

Advertisement