Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zambian Kwacha Currency Conversion.

Options
  • 30-06-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where I could change a load of Zambian Kwacha that I have left over from a trip a couple of years ago. I was told I could only change it in Zambia by some people but that can't be right.

Is there anywhere in Ireland that would convert it to Euros for me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You could try the central bank, but I think its a restricted currency so it can only be changed in the country of origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Jet Black wrote: »
    You could try the central bank, but I think its a restricted currency so it can only be changed in the country of origin.

The Central Bank do not operate a Bureau du Change, they only deal in Irish notes and coins so I'd forget that option. For most African countries there would be a specific bank in London that would change the currency but I think you can forget about any Irish bank.

You could always ring the Zambia High Commission in London..

http://www.zambiahc.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Just wondering where I could change a load of Zambian Kwacha that I have left over from a trip a couple of years ago. I was told I could only change it in Zambia by some people but that can't be right.

Is there anywhere in Ireland that would convert it to Euros for me?

Thanks.

I was there last october, still have loads of kwacha left, probaly €40 euros worth, cant get it changed anywhere so im just keeping it as a souvenir.

Advertisement