Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxborough info

Options
  • 30-06-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hello boards.ie,

Looking for house to buy, and one of the houses we like is in Foxborough. I am getting mixed reviews about this area but from people that are not living there.

Been there Today evening and the area lookend nice, kids were playing football, haven't noticed any "bad" crowd. only thing was that cars were parked everywhere on the street. It was hard to drive through estate and it seems that that main road Ballyowen Road is fairly busy and probably trafic in the morning and after work.

Any words of advice from you guys would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Lived in Lucan (not foxborough) in a past life!

Have a friend who still lives in Foxborough and is there quite some time now. They are not mad about the place and would like to move (now is not the time to do it), but to be perfectly honest, they have never had any real hassle.

There are an awful lot of rented houses in Foxborough (rented through EHB). My friend is lucky in that there is a good mix of people from all walks of life on her road, she said she would hate to be the only Irish person on the road. Not so nice areas nearby as should be evident from driving through.

I don't know what prices are like now, but you should be getting a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

Walk around the place at about 10 or 11pm for an hour or 2 on a nice night. Not just the estate, but the surrounding area.
    Do this 2 or 3 nights and ask yourself if you would like your loved ones walking around like that on their own. If the answer is no, then you know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't live in Foxborough either, but I feel anewme sums it up nicely. Most houses in Lucan are cheap. Foxborough is among the cheapest areas of Lucan. Go figure...

I don't think Foxborough is bad and I haven't heard of any problems. Personally I wouldn't be too keen on buying a house very near the Centra shop as there are kids hanging out around there. A typical 3 bed semi in Foxborough goes for about €185k now. Same was well over €300k back in 06/07...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

Thanks guys, I went there few times this weekend, the area of estate was nice but than I drove bit to the east and I did not like what I see. The house prices are really good there and the houses are decent but you are right. I don't want my kids to be locked in the house and play in the garden only.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Caroline_T

hi all, i am thinking of buying in the Foxborough area also. I drove into 2 estates the first one looked lovely and well kept but the 2nd one looked run down, signs wrote on, houses in general not kept nice. I suppose it really depends on the estates. There is SO many of them its hard to know what to view. So if anyone actually lives in an estate they arent to keen on or one they think is lovely with Foxborough as an address please let us know :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement