Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction received for "being naughty and not heeding mod warning"

Options
  • 30-06-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I received an infraction today by Johnnymcg in a Greystones and Charlesland thread about cats in garden;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056312288&page=2
    Dear vicwatson,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie. This is an automatically generated message.

Reason: Being Naughty
    Did not heed mod warning

I dispute this infraction as it was a tongue in cheek comment meant as a joke and IT DID NOT BREACH THE MOD WARNING, the mod warning was
    Folks - Please stop advocating cruelty to cats.

My post was in response to -
    Get either a dog or a shot gun

I responded
    For the owners:D !

When I received the infraction PM I replied
    Oh for gods sake ! Of course I heeded your warning, your warning was that people shouldn't advocate the use of cruelty towards cats - well I wasn't advocating that as I don't blame the dumb animals I blame the dumb owners for letting their pets continuously poo in peoples gardens when they've been tolds it's their pets. It's not the dumb animals fault.

I don't accept this infraction as I heeded your warning and didn't do what I'm accused of.

to which I received a reply from the Mod -
    Hi Vic - I accept that you didn't specifically advocate cruelty to animals but as such your post was inflammatory in the thread. Your post has the potential to raise hackles and cause rows. I'm not going to reverse the infraction.

Why wasn't I given a yellow card first ????

I didn't "save" my last sent message back to the mod but it was along the lines of it being unfair, that I never had an infraction in almost 700 posts and I was annoyed over it, that it was said "tongue in cheek" and a big smiley was put after my sentence to emphasise this.

No response from the mod.

Had I ignored the mods warning fair enough - I didn't

Had I got a yellow card and posted again and broke the mods warning fair enough - I didn't

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

Looking into this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks Lucy Lu

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

Upon discussion with Johnnymcg it has been agreed to reduce your red card to a yellow card.

Lucy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Fine Lucy thanks

Advertisement