Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternate Visa options - not 457 or WHV

Options
  • 30-06-2011 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hey all

with the possibility of getting sponsored im wondering what other visa options there is out there.
    Iv had a look at the ATO and im nearly sure i seen one last week an 88something that let you apply but it dosent seam to be there now! Maybe it has changed being after July 1st.

To get a visa without a sponsor what are my options?

Can i get one if i fulfill points and pay the fee last i checked was 2500 (pls correct)
    Is there another option other than skilled visa which seams to take over a year and my WHV is up in Nov!

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

885 http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/885/
    (student -> migrant visa)

887 - Skilled regional visa http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/
    (not eligible)

Neither of these would be suitable

Without work sponsor 176 is your only option and this can take 3-18months depending on a number of factors (exp, visas, job etc)

Your best bet is to nab a 2nd WHV and apply for skilled - other than that not much options, other than a study visa

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Cheers Hussey i dont think i have enough experience for the 176 in my current occupation and it would never be back by Nov!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

2nd WHV and aim for sponsorship so

(also, you meant immi website and not ATO (tax) website)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I'm over 30 so I don't qualifty for the WHV.

Is there any other way of being able to go to Oz to work?

I've a degree in Primary Teaching but that's not on the shortage list. Besides, I don't quite have 3 years experience even if it was on the list.

My girlfriend would probably qualify so it would be me that's the hold up.

Any other way of migrating to Oz?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sponsorship (457 visa)
    or
    as a defacto partner on your girlfriends visa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Cheers Mellor all this LAFHA talk has me mixing up ATO and immi.gov!

Will just continue with current employer for sponsorship was just hoping there was a way around being tied to them.....

Advertisement