Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling your essays/notes?

• 01-07-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I'm not trying to sell anything on this website before the thread is locked...

Anyway, I was just thinking about that Cillian Fahy (or whatever his name is) the other day and how he got about €3000 for his LC notes. I know I'd never get anything near that amount, but is anything else thinking of trying to sell their own essays/notes? I never really made notes in 5th and 6th year, but have loads of A1 English and Religion essays that will probably sit in the attic otherwise, as I don't know anyone doing Religion, and English texts etc change regularly.

Does anyone know anywhere where I could attempt to sell them? Has anyone done this before? I'm not even 100% sure that I want to sell yet (or that anyone would want to buy), but am just looking into it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I have a feeling that due to the success Fahy had, there is going to be reams and reams of essays and notes for sale, thus diluting the price. Ebay would probably be your best bet? Or Adverts maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

What above said, every man and his dog will be selling "top quality" notes. The market will be saturated.

You have a better chance giving them to a younger friend or cousin who might throw a few euro your way. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Cillian is a very good marketer. He got the sale of his notes in the newspapers, and all over the internet, before they were sold. They won't run with the same story again, as the novelty is gone, and therefore I doubt there'll be much of a market without the attention that it got last year.

Advertisement