Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on physio to treat sports hernia

Options
  • 01-07-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has previous experience with or could recommend a physio who would diagnose / treat possible sports hernia. GP reckons I have one.

Thanks RP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

RedPeppers wrote: »
    possible sports hernia

I had one of them a couple of years ago. I saw a physio, who referred me for MRI, then sent me to a consultant who operated.

Physios: Lara Coyne - Roscam, Edel Madden - Galway Clinic
    Consultant: Dr Saleem Galway Clinic

Overall happy with the treatment I got. Luckily I had health insurance.

I suggest you see a physio first ...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

RedPeppers wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has previous experience with or could recommend a physio who would diagnose / treat possible sports hernia. GP reckons I have one.

Thanks RP

I know this is Irealnd and all ... but please tell me that the GP recommended someone! ffs, if all did was diagnose but not refer you for treatment, then I'd be getting a new GP pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

JustMary wrote: »
    I know this is Irealnd and all ... but please tell me that the GP recommended someone! ffs, if all did was diagnose but not refer you for treatment, then I'd be getting a new GP pretty fast.

Got back on to GP today who gave me a few names one of them been Lara Coyne so might so with her seen as mentioned here already

Advertisement