Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy s or lg optimus black?

Options
  • 01-07-2011 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

hi all,

i'm thinking of upgrading to an android phone in the next few weeks.

i've been looking at galaxy s i9000 or lg optimus black p990

from talking to various people, the consensus seems to be that the lg is just cheaper with the same spec.

i was just wondering what yer thoughts of these two phones are(cost aside)? it'll be a sim free job for payg more than likely.

i know smart phones are hard on batteries but which one is likely to last longer?

any difference in factory ui? (any differences in menu layout outside of the os etc)

thanks,
    thats not gone well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'd still go for the galaxy s to be honest. I really cant see anything that the optimus black has going over it, despite the fact its nearly a year newer. The screen on the galaxy s will still be far superior for a start. Whats more the galaxy s has a huge following behind it so there'll be someone around to help if you run into problems! The reviews i've read too say the battery on the black isnt nothing too great. I've had my galaxy s for 9 months now and the battery still lasts at least a day, maybe 2 if i'm light on the wifi/3G. Thats not too bad for a fully fledged smartphone

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

I agree, the Galaxy S in my opinion is the best android on the Irish market at the moment. I have had mine 7 months and generally get 2 days out of the battery or one day comfortably if making lots of calls/using internet etc.
    It's not the no. 2 smartphone in the world for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

cheers guys/girls,

looks like the samsung it is then (secretly i prefered it anyway)

thanks again,

thats not gone well

Advertisement