Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC offers

• 01-07-2011 3:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm just after applying for about four PLC courses in a number of colleges as I'm freaking out over the possibility of not getting a CAO offers (as most people are, I guess).

As much as I want a CAO offer, half of what I put down was there for back-up (e.g. if I didn't get choice 1/2/3) and if I do get an offer, I won't end up accepting it if worst comes to worst.

But on the off-chance I get both a CAO offer and a PLC offer, am I obliged to take a PLC offer or can I just leave it? Probably a dumb question but better safe than sorry!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're not obliged to take anything.
    If you get a CAO offer and a PLC offer - take whichever one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

If you don't feel like going to college this year, you can accept the PLC and try to defer the CAO course for a year. It would be vital that your PLC would be along the same lines as your deferred CAO course though as it would give you an insight to what you would be studying the following year after the PLC.

And, if you think that course isn't for you after doing the PLC for a year, you don't have to take up the deferred place.

Just another alternative for you, a win-win situation in many respects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

aramush wrote: »
    If you don't feel like going to college this year, you can accept the PLC and try to defer the CAO course for a year. It would be vital that your PLC would be along the same lines as your deferred CAO course though as it would give you an insight to what you would be studying the following year after the PLC.

If you took up a PLC place, you could use your PLC results to apply to the CAO next year. I have often tutored students who got better results from their PLC course than the Leaving Cert.

Advertisement