Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Query

Options
  • 01-07-2011 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi David,
    I'm trying to get my head around the prices, would you mind giving a breakdown of the discounts and unit price at each stage. One of your customer care team contacted me and I scribbled down the information but I think I’m missing some parts.

I might be interested in taking Gas & Electricity

In terms of unit prices,
    Electric: Standard 14.1 cent per unit discounted by 8% to 12.86 cent per Unit ----with another 9% discount off so in effect the total unit price will be 12.09 cent per unit
    Gas 3.932 cent per Unit ---- with another 6% discount off so in effect the total unit price will be 3.696 cent per Unit
    I seen you referring to the last part of each discount not being applied to the unit price like above BUT to the Usage...whats the difference?

Will always be 6% cheaper than Bord Gais (not sure for which Gas or Elec)

IF ONLY Choose ELEC. Then will get 14% discount.

Standing Charges 25.2 cent per unit NOTE: Airtricity charge 28.5 cent per unit when over a certain amount.

SO,
    Gas & Elec with ESB Electric Ireland (with DD & Online Billing)
    Am I right in saying the final unit prices would be
    Electric 12.09 cent per unit Standing Charge 25.2
    Gas 3.696 cent per Unit Standing Charge 16.44

But www.bonkers.ie comparison site shows that this one is better value....how is that !!!!!
    Gas with Flogas (New Customer Option B) & Elec with Electric Ireland (with DD & Online Billing)
    ESB Elec 13.72 Standing Charge 28.60
    Flogas Gas 3.792 Standing Charge 18.66

Does this deal only apply to March 31, 2012? If so what will be the Units rates revert back to for BOTH Gas & Elec?

Lastly,
    Is there a minimum contract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi GAFF,

You've done your homework and have a good handle of the rates; the one thing I would say however is that bonkers.ie include VAT with their quoted figures, so that would explain this apparent discrepancy:
    GAFF wrote:
    ESB Elec 13.72 Standing Charge 28.60

To answer your other questions:
    GAFF wrote:
    I seen you referring to the last part of each discount not being applied to the unit price like above BUT to the Usage...whats the difference?

There isn't a difference mathematically; it has more to do with highlighting the percentage discounts for availing of online billing and direct debit.
    GAFF wrote:
    Am I right in saying the final unit prices would be
    Electric 12.09 cent per unit Standing Charge 25.2
    Gas 3.696 cent per Unit Standing Charge 16.44

Yes, these would be the rates excl. VAT if you sign up to our Dual SuperSaver price plan.
    GAFF wrote:
    Does this deal only apply to March 31, 2012? If so what will be the Units rates revert back to for BOTH Gas & Elec?

Yes, it would apply until March 31, 2012. Afterwhich time the rates revert to our legacy rates for electricity, and the standard regulated rate for gas. However, bear in mind we are sure to have other price plan offerings available by that time.
    GAFF wrote:
    Lastly,
    Is there a minimum contract?

No minimum contract. :)

If there's anything else you want to ask, I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭GAFF

Hi David,

Thanks for replying
    Hi GAFF,

You've done your homework and have a good handle of the rates; the one thing I would say however is that bonkers.ie include VAT with their quoted figures, so that would explain this apparent discrepancy:
    but bonkers includes VAT for BOTH Company options. So is Flogas cheaper than ESB with the Gas like their website shows or are their figures for EBS up to date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Where exactly have ESB claimed that they're cheaper than Flogas?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭GAFF

Priori wrote: »
    Where exactly have ESB claimed that they're cheaper than Flogas?

They haven't, hence the reason I want to find out if they are or not ;) so I can make my decision as to which is cheaper,
    1. To get Gas & Elec off ESB
    OR
    2. To get Gas off Flogas & Elec off Elec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi GAFF,

The gas rates as quoted on bonkers.ie would be correct; the discrepancy I mentioned previously hadn't to do with the quoted rates for flogas, but only with the VAT-inclusive rates for ESB Electric Ireland.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
Advertisement